BusyCal: Calendar & Tasks 4+
To Do. Planner. Schedule
Busy Apps FZE
BusyCal is a powerful, flexible calendar app for managing busy schedules, events and tasks.
BusyCal's unique features include natural language input, customizable calendar views, an integrated to do list, meeting scheduling, travel time, maps integration, tags, alarms, search, weather, moons, birthdays, anniversaries, graphics and more.
BusyCal provides reliable support for iCloud, Google Calendar, Google Tasks, Exchange / Microsoft Outlook, Office 365, Todoist and other CalDAV servers, enabling you to sync and share calendars with other Mac and iOS devices running BusyCal or the built-in Calendar app.
BusyCal for iOS is a full-featured mobile companion to BusyCal for macOS, the leading calendar solution for macOS that thousands of users have trusted and depended on for years.
• Display your calendar by Month, Week, Day or List.
• Pinch and zoom to control the number of weeks shown per month, and days shown per week.
• Customize the calendar appearance including calendar colors, weather, moons, birthdays, anniversaries, event times, week numbers and more.
• Manage different, named collections of calendars
• Quickly switch between different Calendar Sets
• Assign different default calendars to different sets
• Create new sets based on existing collections
So. Many. Widgets (iOS 14+)
• Event List & Calendar
• Calendar & Heatmap
• Today's Date
• Next two days
• This week
• Next two weeks
• Create events manually or automatically using natural language.
• Choose from a wide range of attributes to display when viewing or editing events including travel time, time zones, attendees, contacts, tags, maps, last edit time, and more.
• Add tags to events to track projects and important events.
• Tasks are displayed directly in the calendar and carry-forward until completed.
• Tasks can be undated, or scheduled to occur on a specific date or time.
• Tasks can be scheduled to repeat daily, weekly, monthly, etc.
• Tasks can be sorted and filtered by date, priority, calendar or title.
TRAVEL TIME, LOCATIONS & MAPS
• Supports Location Services for adding locations to events.
• Supports both Apple Maps and Google Maps for driving directions.
• Travel time allows you to block out time to travel to an appointment.
• Alarms can warn you in advance of travel time when it's time to leave.
• Display Birthdays and Anniversaries, including birthday age and anniversary number.
• Display a live 10-day weather forecast.
• Display phases of the moon.
• Display graphics created in BusyCal for macOS.
SYNC & SHARE CALENDARS
• Sync and share calendars with iCloud, Google Calendar, Exchange, Outlook, Office 365, Fruux, Yahoo, Kerio, Zimbra, Oracle, OwnCloud, Confluence, macOS Server, SabreDAV and other CalDAV servers.
• Sync with other Mac and iOS devices running BusyCal or the built-in Calendar app.
• Dark Mode
• Receive Inbox notifications of meetings and changes to events on shared calendars.
• Search your calendar for past and future events and tasks.
• Set default settings for events, tasks and alarms.
* [NEW] Improvements to event editor
* Fixed bug where a default due time would get set for new tasks even when turned off
* Ongoing stability and performance improvements
* [NEW] "Copy To Calendar" option added to the context menu.
* [NEW] More date options added to the context menu
* [NEW] Accessibility option added to show month names on all dates (in month view)
* [NEW] Copy / Paste events from the long-press context menu
* [NEW] Ability to create a new task from the long-press context menu
* [NEW] Ability to paste text from clipboard on the calendar as a new event
* [NEW] Long-press on day/week view to paste text from other apps as a new event
* [NEW] Accessibility option to turn on context menus for Day / Week view (turned off by default to allow easy drag & drop)
Ratings and Reviews
The strongest link
My spouse has Parkinson’s. It is imperative that all meetings, outings & every other occurrences on both of our iPhones, iPads & MacBooks sync perfectly. We have been using the ‘Busy’ software since the beginning. Not only is the software stable, the people who run it are always there for support in a calm and friendly manner even when the answer is not what I had hoped for. Though it can be accessed by & from the three hardware devices I find it best to choose one MacBook as central station using the others for reference & to make quick changes on the fly. The other use for the non-central devices, especially the iPhones, is to take notes on an appointment when developing it, then take the time to fully describe it when at home. The full description is important especially when you consider that when ever you think you will remember what a short-hand will mean later… you won’t.
The best on 2 fronts
For me, Busycal is the best solution for two different reasons. First, I like the available views as they are consistent with how I view my own schedule. I realize that that is highly subjective and won’t be the same for everyone, but it is absolutely the best for me. Additionally, there are enough options to customize the look and feel of the application without there being so many options that you were swimming in a sea of choices and cannot find what you were looking for. Second, I have my own Nextcloud server and I do not use iCloud services. Busycal allows me to define my Nextcloud CalDAV connection directly within the application. This means that I don’t have to create an account in Apple calendars or reminders. It also means that the updates between devices is either instantaneous or near instantaneous. This in-app support of CalDAV was a huge deal for me.
Wish for more
I really like it’s format and integration of tasks and calendar. I like it’s flexibility to work with multiple different types of accounts. I wish it would work with the latest iOS reminders better. I was really disappointed when the first iOS upgrade of reminders broke part of how I was using busycal. If it weren’t for that I would give it five stars for iOS and 4.5 stars for the desktop version. If it had the ability to show tasks on the date originally scheduled, but all overdue tasks in the task list bar on the right, and option two complete tasks on yesterday instead of today or the date originally scheduled, I could give the desktop five stars. I wish it had all of the features of goodtask, or synchronized with reminders in a way that would not undo the awesome BusyCal regenerate feature when also synchronizing with goodtask. I wish my chronify Integration could synchronize to a task list instead of a calendar.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Busy Apps FZE
- 42 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Copyright © Busy Apps
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.