BusyCal is a powerful, flexible calendar app for managing busy schedules, events and to dos.
BusyCal's unique features include customizable calendar views, integrated to dos, meeting scheduling, travel time, maps integration, natural language input, tags, alarms, search, weather, moons, birthdays, anniversaries, graphics and more.
BusyCal provides reliable support for iCloud, Google Calendar, Exchange, Office 365, and other CalDAV servers, enabling you to sync and share calendars with other Macs and iOS devices running BusyCal or the built-in Calendar app.
BusyCal for iOS is a full-featured mobile companion to BusyCal for Mac, the leading calendar solution for Mac OS X that thousands of users have trusted and depended on for years.
• Display your calendar by Month, Week, Day or List.
• Pinch and zoom to control the number of weeks shown per month, and days shown per week.
• Customize the calendar appearance including calendar colors, weather, moons, birthdays, anniversaries, event times, week numbers and more.
• Create events manually or automatically using natural language.
• Choose from a wid range of attributes to display when viewing or editing events including travel time, time zones, attendees, contacts, tags, maps, last edit time, and more.
• Add tags to events to track projects and important events.
• To Dos are displayed directly in the calendar and carry-forward until completed.
• To Dos can be undated, or scheduled to occur on a specific date or time.
• To Dos can be scheduled to repeat daily, weekly, monthly, etc.
• To Dos can be sorted and filtered by date, priority, calendar or title.
Travel Time, Locations and Maps
• Supports Location Services for adding locations to events.
• Supports both Apple Maps and Google Maps for driving directions.
• Travel time allows you to block out time to travel to an appointment.
• Alarms can warn you in advance of travel time when it's time to leave.
• Display Birthdays and Anniversaries, including birthday age and anniversary number.
• Display a live 10-day weather forecast.
• Display phases of the moon.
• Display graphics created in BusyCal for Mac.
Sync and Share calendars
• Sync and share calendars with iCloud, Google Calendar, Exchange, Office 365, Fruux, Yahoo, Kerio, Zimbra, OS X Server, SabreDAV and other CalDAV servers.
• Sync with other Macs and iOS devices running BusyCal or the built-in Calendar app.
• Dark Mode
• Receive Inbox notifications of meetings and changes to events on shared calendars.
• Search your calendar for past and future events and to dos.
• Set default settings for events, to dos and alarms.
* New localizations for French, German, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Portuguese
* Improved automatic removal of invalid characters when syncing from certain CalDAV servers
* Ongoing stability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Great replacement calendar app!
I don’t like the way the current stock calendar app shows information in month view (it used to do better but at some point was redesigned to be more minimalist). So I replaced it with a 3rd party calendar app that was great for several years until that company switched to an overpriced subscription model that also required you to set up an account with them. That sent me looking for yet another replacement...which eventually led me to BusyCal.
This app is great! Easy to use, shows plenty of information on the screen in any given view, and does not require any special logins or subscriptions! Just what I wanted!
One thing I’d suggest...get better at App Store optimization. I found this app by reading calendar app reviews on some other websites. This app does not appear if I just search the store for “calendar” (or if it does, it’s so far down in the list as to be useless).
A little quirky but thoughtful & useful
Things I love:
- easy to duplicate and manipulate events
- the way to-dos (Reminders) integrate with the calendar itself (didn’t Apple Calendar formerly work like that?). This is incredibly useful to me because I need to see a spatially organized view of my day or week (not a uniform list) but I also like to have my to-dos in the same app, visually distinct but right there. Hard to explain but no other calendar app seems to be able to do this.
- how customizable the various views and defaults are
- the Mac app, though expensive, is quite nice too
Things that could be improved:
- on iPhone especially, and especially in portrait position, the vertical list of times along the left side takes up too much space
- odd that I have to use app-specific passwords to sync my calendars with this app, whereas other 3rd-party calendar apps are fine just asking me for permission to access them. But it’s ok because I haven’t found any other 3rd-party calendar app that I’d care to use.
A bug I noticed:
-sometimes when you long press to drag an event, you get an error saying it can’t be dragged; some nonsense like “scroll to the start of the event and long press again.” Huh? Tapping somewhere else and then trying again seems to make it work.
Wish for more
I really like it’s format and integration of tasks and calendar. I like it’s flexibility to work with multiple different types of accounts. I wish it would work with the latest iOS reminders better. I was really disappointed when the first iOS upgrade of reminders broke part of how I was using busycal. If it weren’t for that I would give it five stars for iOS and 4.5 stars for the desktop version. If it had the ability to show tasks on the date originally scheduled, but all overdue tasks in the task list bar on the right, and option two complete tasks on yesterday instead of today or the date originally scheduled, I could give the desktop five stars. I wish it had all of the features of goodtask, or synchronized with reminders in a way that would not undo the awesome BusyCal regenerate feature when also synchronizing with goodtask. I wish my chronify Integration could synchronize to a task list instead of a calendar.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Busy Apps FZE
- 23.4 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2016 - 2021 Busy Apps
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.