Butler - Client For Jenkins is the best Jenkins CI client for iOS. Its simple design as well as feature richness make it the perfect companion for your Jenkins server.
Butler was designed with the last generation of iOS in mind. 3D touch is supported not only on the home screen but throughout the application. The Butler today widget simplifies the way you monitor your most important jobs and builds.
+ Full support for viewing your Jobs, Builds, Test Cases, Folders and more
+ Triggering Builds with and without parameters
+ Full 3D touch support
+ Add Jobs and Builds to your favorites to keep an eye on them
+ Today Widget for even faster access to your favorites
+ Connecting to Jenkins instances over `http` and `https`
+ Fully open source!
You can find the source code for Butler here: https://github.com/mobilabsolutions/jenkins-ios
- You can use the Butler app to monitor servers configured with different types of authentications (including GitHub, Azure and Google). Your Jenkins API Token can be used as a password when connecting to a new server.
- The new FAQs will give you more information about how to authenticate using a Jenkins token. They will be filled progressively with tutorials about the application's features.
- The Actions screen was redesigned and offers a better UX when using a device with lower screen resolution.
- You can now view a build's changes to check each commit's author, date and message.
- The run and file parameters now behave as they were intended to. You can now select files from your device and upload them when triggering a parameterised build.
Ratings and Reviews
Simple and just right
It's simple. Has just the right information. Great widget. Love it.
Won't connect. Always gives 500 errors
I have tried several times, double and triple checking the config and credentials and I always receive a 500 error. I don't see any documentation on anything I have to setup with my Jenkins to get it to work in the app store nor on github. Will reevaluate my review if I can get it working...
Update: Trying again months later still gives the same result. Any troubleshooting tips would be great
Developer Response ,
Hi, thanks for letting us know about this issue. It would be great if you could send us a quick message at email@example.com to let us know about the specifics of your setup so that we can effectively help to fix this problem. Best, the MobiLab team
Missing features on new user interface
The new user interface is really slick, but there’s a major drawback. You can no longer input Parameters when you start a job. It gives a 400 error, the old version of the app allowed you to input parameters on the phone.
I no longer can use this app for any of my work flows.
Please fix this major regression
Developer Response ,
thank you very much for your feedback regarding the new user interface and letting us now about this issue. We have already identified the root cause and will make sure that it is fixed in the next release which will come up soon.
We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.
the Butler team
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.