- Used in schools throughout the Country
- Highly rated by several teachers and instructors.
- Featured by Apple in "What's Hot" Educational and Kids Games
Latest release adds voice/audio guidance during the core game play
It is a well known fact that kids learn faster by interaction. We believe that figuring out an answer (instead of just selecting an answer) “teaches” the kids at a fundamental level. The Butterfly Math Addition app takes this approach in teaching simple concepts in numbers and addition to young minds. We have developed the app in such a way that it is going to be fun to interact/play with the app as well as learn the concepts. These are the basic skills which kids can learn from this app:
1. Fine motor skills: For toddlers, this app develops fine motor skills. The kids can play with the butterflies and get tactile feedback as the butterflies flutter when they are being dragged. Plus, it is fun to put them in cage and release them!
2. Concept of numbers: The idea of numbers could be intriguing to young minds. They can observe that numbers can be “made” larger (or smaller) by collecting more (or less) butterflies. The idea of incrementally adding (removing) butterflies to (from) the cage provides the kids with an understanding of smaller and larger numbers.
3. Addition: The next logical step is to teach the concepts of addition. We have made multiple levels for each of the concepts to ease the learning so that the child grasps the fundamentals.
4. Reward Game: To encourage the kids to play and learn more, we have developed a coloring reward game. As the child finds correct answer to the questions, he/she can earn colored tiles in the games. With the earned colored tiles, the child can color the scene creatively. This encourages the child to get more correct answers so that he/she can collect the tiles of his/her choice. We believe this is an unique reward system which encourages creativity and provides the motivation to solve more questions and hence learn more.
Fixed a bug on the iPhone where the butterflies might disappear.
Ratings and Reviews
This game is an amazing learning game!
This game has three levels. Level one is very easy, level two is a little bit harder, and level three is a little harder than level two. Each time you get an equation right you get tiles. You can then exit the level you are in and click the 'tile fun' button. Then you can drag the tiles you have into the slots. The tile colors are red, dark blue, and light blue. This game is a fun, completely free way for your kids to learn addition. I highly recommend it! It really is just a fun free way to learn!
Finally an app that helps teach addition!
And the way you know how much they have done is by building a house. It needs multiple player log in or a way to clear the blocks and start over. I have to delete the app and then download it again for all the students to play. It’s worth it because it teaches instead of only assesses. It has glitches for me too but we close the app and start it up again and keep on going. It’s in all my presentations about apps.
This app is good for being free. It shows a number and you must catch that many butterflies. The free version also includes adding. It gives two numbers and you must put the total number of butterflies in the cage. It also gives a total and then you have two cages you must separate the butterflies to equal the total. A good free app.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.