BuyPartisan works like a nutritional label for your political values. Simply use your phone to scan a product's barcode, or just search by individual company or product, and you can quickly see the political contributions of each company's CEO, Board of Directors, political action committees and employees. Simply put, BuyPartisan empowers consumers with awareness of the true impact of the campaign spending by the companies behind the products we all buy every day.
We are back and have responded to your feedback. Spend Consciously has added several additional companies and exciting new features in the updated BuyPartisan release making your user experience even better. In addition to fixing a few small bugs, we have added functionality that will allow you to vote with your wallet on a daily basis. Here are a few highlights:
· Create a profile and save your political party preference, allowing you to support your preferred candidate or party.
· Provide feedback through user-friendly design and improved navigation. We’re eager to hear from you!
· View a breakdown of a company’s political contributions over the last 10 years, including contribution details for employees, board members, CEO and PACs.
· Add products to your cart that support your decision to spend consciously as you shop.
· Like companies, and compare your preferences to those of others in your ZIP code, age group, and other demographic categories.
· View areas of interest to see if your preferred party supports and aligns with your own values and beliefs.
- Please share your findings with friends via social media!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Wonderful idea but ...
Wonderful idea but the interface is a bit clunky and unresponsive. App crashes.
Found this app to be basically unusable. It had options to either sign up, or use as a guest. I chose guest, it asked my political party. Then it asked for access to my camera, I declined as I wasn’t planning on storing any photos in the app. Then on the next screen I found out you have to “scan” products, one by one at the store, to get the party affiliation. I trued it’s manual search function, it wouldn’t provide any data, then locked on a screen asking me to donate to the Democratic Party and wouldn’t let me move. Deleted the app. It’s just a data collection scam.
Excruciatingly Slow & Tedious
I was hoping for lists of companies, perhaps sorted by category or industry, grouped by liberal or conservative, or maybe one list with a bar chart next to each name for a quick summary of its leanings, if any. Then we could click on the name for more details.
Instead, you have to enter each product, one at a time. Can you imagine standing in the supermarket aisle with your tired & cranky kids, entering each product, one by one by one? Yippee!!! (NOT)!!!
Hope you're retired & have no other interests in life! You'll need all that extra time to use this app!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.