Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager (SPM) Road to the Moon is the ultimate game of space exploration.
It is the mid 1950s and the race for dominance between the US and the Soviet Union is about to move into a new dimension: space. Take charge of the US or Soviet space agencies - your duty is be the first to the moon. Carefully manage your budget by opening programs, spending R&D funds on improving the hardware, recruiting personnel and launching space missions in this realistic turn based strategy game.
Road to the Moon features the race to the Moon, the historical event that started in the early 1960s and that ended in July 1969, after the successful completion of the Apollo 11 mission.
The game features both a campaign and a sandbox mode. In campaign mode, you will be able to play as the Director of either NASA or the Soviet Space Agency in order to beat the other side to be the first on the Moon. You can also lead the Global Space Agency (GSA), a fictional space agency that combines programs from all the major space agencies in the world. In the GSA campaign, you will need to address the requests and short-term goals issued by government, and is geared towards those players who prefer a game experience focused on exploration instead of competition. Alternatively, all three space agencies feature a Sandbox mode, which provides a more open-ended experience and allows you to try out different approaches without any political pressure.
You will be able to develop dozens of programs. Some examples include the X-15 and the PKA space planes, the Sputnik satellite, the Mercury, Voskhod, Apollo and Soyuz manned spacecraft and the Mars Viking probe.
• Three different campaign modes: play as NASA or the Soviet space agency in order to be the first to the Moon or play as the Global Space Agency (GSA) and deal with the short-term objectives issued by politicians.
• Manage all aspects of your space agencies from their inception in the 1950's through to the manned lunar landing missions
• Play the race to the Moon campaign mode against other players using Slitherine’s cross platform PBEM system.
• The Sandbox mode allows you to play as any of the three space agencies and removes all competition restrictions.
• Create space programs and launch missions inspired by real programs such as the X-15 Space plane, the Sputnik satellite, the Gemini, Vostok and Apollo manned spacecraft and a lot more!
• Research and develop dozens of mission components from several program categories.
• Develop your facility with advanced structures and upgrades including the Vehicle Assembly Building and the Mission Control Centre.
• Recruit and train astronaut candidates and assign them to missions.
• Assemble an elite team of Scientists, Engineers, Technicians (SET), Flight Controllers and Flight Crews for the best chance of success."
• Manage your agency's budget.
• Mission components have an associated reliability factor and can cause catastrophic failures.
• Vast amounts of historical research ensure that the game's huge database features missions that launched and many more that never left the drawing board!
• A vast array of components built in 3D and rendered out in exquisite detail allow you to follow the progress of your missions via animated sequences.
Designed in consultation with Dr. Buzz Aldrin, Apollo 11 Lunar Module Pilot and the second human being to set foot on the Moon.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
* Fixed the way the game handles network disconnects when attempting to upload the game to the PBEM server.
* Added a check in the ‘load game’ screen that prompts the asks the player whether he or she wants to delete all except the last 5 autosave files if there are more than 20.
* Added maintenance cost for mission components and rocket programs in the management dialogs.
* Added program maintenance cost in the ‘open program’ confirmation pop-up.
* Improved the usability of the program details dialog by making the white text black.
* Added RD difficulty factor for all mission components in the ‘programs details’ screen.
* Fixed the initial reliability in the ‘programs details’ screen so that it’s computed taking into account the reliability transfer.
* Employees who are ill can no longer be sent to advanced training while unavailable.
* The game will no longer allow players to close an opened program if there are pending scheduled missions.
Ratings and Reviews
Fun, but limited
I enjoyed playing this game, but don't expect much replay-ability after your third game.
What amazing dev!! Years and still updating it!!
Love you guys.
Thank you for keeping my mind sharp and trained. It transfers over to real life skills.
I know it’s NOT slithering updating this game, that’s just the publisher. Love you Polar Motion Studios.
Look into how you can create a more, faster version of this game, keep the same challenges, add more animated graphics, basically more sizzle for the visuals, and bring it over to Nintendo Switch... hot cakes that system right now! Go investigate.
They should add space shuttles or Space stations, other than that it is a good game.
The developer, Slitherine, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Slitherine Software UK Ltd.
- 1.2 GB
- Requires iPadOS 6.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2014 Slitherine Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Buzz Aldrin’s Space Program Manager developed by Polar Motion and Slitherine Ltd. Buzz Aldrin name licensed from Buzz Aldrin Enterprises. © 2014
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.