You are lost in Berlin? No need to panic: With the BVG-FahrInfo- App you can individually determine and adapt your city tour through the capital: Stopover at Berlin Cathedral? No problem. You can buy the right ticket directly in our app.
Route planner and ticket vending machine in one app for Berlin
Always on the best route with the BVG timetable information! Our app plans your travels for all means of transport in the VBB (Verkehrsverbund Berlin-Brandenburg) with underground, suburban train, tram, bus, ferry and regional train, with the corresponding ticket as direct purchase.
Individual timetable information
Choose from options what is important to you on your way: direct connection or with a stopover, barrier-free or by bike. You can also easily define transfer times and means of transport. View real-time departure times at your chosen stop or for your chosen route. For a faster query, save your favorite stop as Favorites and download the Departure widget to your start screen.
On time at the start
Set an alarm and you receive notifications in case of connection changes. And if you don't know where the suitable stop is, we'll show you how to get there using the location search in the map function. If required, also with locations of our bike or car sharing partners. Use the zoomable line network maps for further information.
The FahrInfo- App also allows you to buy tickets for the whole of Berlin (AB, BC, ABC): day ticket, single ticket, short trip ticket, 4-trip ticket, extension ticket, small group day ticket, WelcomeCard and CityTourCard as well as tickets for bicycles. With the ticket widget you can call the ticket directly from the Home screen.
- Direct debit procedure (SEPA)
- Credit card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express)
- Apple Pay
- Performance optimization and bugfixing
- Minor adjustments to the user interface
Ratings and Reviews
Convenient but has technical problems
I downloaded this app on the advice of friends just before I went to Berlin. The trip planner works well and has almost everyplace you would want to visit in the city
There were a couple of technical problems:
1) The GPS mapping portion of the app does not turn off when you minimize the app. As a result, I used up my phone battery in 2 hours on the first day. The only way I found to stop it was to turn off my phone after I had used the app and then restart my phone
2) you can only buy tickets on the phone if you live in the EU. I do not do that was no help
3) as noted in other reviews, there was no way to use favorites or re-use a recent search you had entered into the app
New design bad usability
The new version came with a new design and it is really bad. The “clean” approach makes hard to understand what is currently selected and what will be changed if I click something.
Also it introduced a new bug in the planner. When I chose my favorite locations as the start location, it always change automatically to my current location.
Only works if after the first search I edit the starting point.
Easy. Accurate. Convenient.
BVG made our Berlin visit a total success. The planner function worked every time. Ticket purchases were a snap. Timetables were accurate (and, of course, the trains, trams, and busses were always on time). I think we might have missed some of the sites and attractions without the BVG app.
- Berliner Verkehrsbetriebe (BVG) Anstalt des oeffentlichen Rechts
- 149.3 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Berliner Verkehrsbetriebe (BVG) - AöR - 2018
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.