Now free of charge, but "as is" and with no support
Byell Harmony is a practice-oriented tool for learning, listening to, and looking up chords, scales and musical contexts.
Questions such as the following, can be answered easily:
* Which notes on the guitar belong to the G Minor Blues Scale?
* Where can I find notes on the violin, which can accompany the D-minor?
* Which notes change when I change from C major to G major?
* What can I play on the guitar when certain notes are given?
* What is the name of the chord when you have the notes E, G and C
* What scale is obtained if you replace the minor third with the major third in harmonic minor?
* In the melody of a Song, you find e.g. the note A and D. To which chord might they belong?
* How does the fingering on the violin move between G dorian and G phrygian? Which note on a cello corresponds * to which note on a guitar?
* What scale is obtained if you use only the black keys on the piano?
* How do I find a B° chord on the guitar?
* What note must be played on a Eb tuned instrument to get the note C?
and much more...
Also you can interact with MIDI
* Notes played on a Midi-Keyboard are shown on the display.
* A sequencer can be used to change presets.
* The current setting (root notes, scale, mode, marked notes) can be transferred via MIDI to another device with Byell Harmony.
* Marked notes can be played to a connected MIDI device.
* A song or chord progression can be defined and sent to all devices with Byell Harmony.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
* Support for iOS 8
* Removed support for Airturn
Ratings and Reviews
Can’t really complain because it does what it needs to do, which is display scales on the fretboard. I’ve learned a lot in a short amount of time using this app.
Ipad app issues with ios8 update
Onboard iPad keypad opens with Byell harmony program and will not close... meaning you can't see half the screen...I just purchased the program today and it is essentially useless until this gets fixed! Otherwise, the program is an outstanding learning tool.
This app is either incredibly unoptimized, or running things it shouldn't in the background. It will make even an iPad Pro M2 drop battery unusually quickly and get very hot. This app could be useful, but it needs an update.
The developer, Garzotto GmbH, indicated that the app’s privacy practices may include handling of data as described below.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Garzotto GmbH
- 25.2 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 6.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2014, Andreas Garzotto GmbH & Reto Byell