Byword makes writing notes and long-form texts easier on your Mac.
# Key features of Byword
- Designed to make writing easier with Markdown
- Sync text documents across all your Mac, iPhone, iPad devices
- Comprehensive keyboard shortcuts for extra efficiency
- Alternate dark theme for extra comfort in low-light situations
- The most complete Markdown support including footnotes, tables and cross-references
- Export documents to PDF and HTML documents
- Publish to Medium, WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger and Evernote
# Blog publishing
Publish to Medium, WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger and Evernote from Byword. Posting to your blog with Byword is as simples as:
1. Write something in Byword
2. Open File menu and select Publish
3. Confirm metadata
# More features
- List continuations
- Typewriter scrolling mode
- Great text manipulation helpers
- Word and character counters with live update
- Spell and Grammar checking and Dictionary lookup
- Extensive VoiceOver API support for visual impaired users
Here are some ways to use Byword in your life:
- For posting to your blog without using clunky web interfaces
- For research, meeting and class notes
- To write that important email without being distracted
- To capture ideas and notes and have them available in all devices
# Enhanced for macOS Mojave
- Match System Preferences' Dark appearance
- Tabs: Merge multiple documents in one window (Window > Merge All Windows)
- iCloud Drive: Sync your documents seamlessly across your devices and apps
- Handoff: Start writing on your iPhone and pick up where you left off when you sit down at your Mac
- Split screen: In case you need an extra window side by side for research
- Full screen: Get even more immersed in your words
- Autosave: Time to stop worrying about saving your work
- Versions: Review past iterations of your compositions
- Resume: Always open your documents where you left off
- Tags: A powerful new way to organize your files
We are proud to provide a super friendly customer support over email. If you have suggestions or questions, please contact us using one the methods below.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great writing environment
I am a casual writer. I like to write, and I like to write in markdown, so I don't need anything super flashy in a markdown text editor. My previous favorite editor was Ulysses, but their recent business practices left a bad taste in my mouth, so I went on the market to look for a replacement. I tried a LOT of different text editors. And many are very good. But Byword is really, really great. It’s very simple and straightforward, and it lets me write the way I want to write. Just simple flat text files that I can imbed pictures in for my journaling. That’s all I want, and Byword does this for me wonderfully. I also like that I can change the editor font to what I want. One of the big contenders I was considering didn’t let me do that, and that was the deciding factor in favor of Byword.
So I am now a happy markdown text journal writer again! Just so long as Byword never becomes subscription-based, I will be a happy customer.
one of the best apps; not best support
ByWord has proven to be one of the best "minimilistic" apps for writing. It does a wonderful job for what it was built to do and doesn’t try to do more like many other apps in the same category. My only problem that I have isn’t with the app at all. It is with the developer. Their support is not nearly as good as the quality of their design and development. I have emailed them 3 questions, 1 as old as 2016 and NEVER recevied a response. I also had to purchase the app twice because of this. Their flat out ignorance to their customer should stop you right now from clicking the Buy button and that is the ONLY reason. Who knows maybe, hopefully, they will respond to this review becasue they haven’t updated Twitter in almost a year and emails just get delivered to account that they never look at.
Just what I have been needing
My writing has been scattered all over the place - Pages, documents, cloud - and I am completely disorganized in trying to get them together in one place. Then along comes Byword and I can write so easily, title it and keep it on the Byword app. I think. My problem is that Byword is part of Pages and the ‘Cloud’ thing and I would like it as a separate icon on my side bar so that I can open it without going into Pages. Any idea if this can be done? I thought I could go through the other places and put all scattered writings into the Byword but not sure I can because I moved one but it moved out again and back into the Cloud, As a writer, I don’t spend too much time using by beloved Mac for other things but this is one thing I would like to get straightened out. Any help out there?
- Metaclassy, Lda
- 3.3 MB
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Metaclassy, Lda.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.