Control Cync and C by GE products with one game-changing app, powered by Savant—featuring a user-friendly home screen and navigation and a more personalized experience. It’s time to Experience Life in Cync.
The all-new Cync App, powered by Savant, was thoughtfully designed to give you the best smart home experience possible. The innovative features include:
• Add photos of your devices and rooms for easy identification and a more personal experience.
• Enjoy the dynamic home screen that changes to put your most used products at your fingertips
Dark theme option
• It’s back. Change the app interface to dark for easier viewing—especially late at night.
Our patented TrueImage technology
• Take a picture of your lights and experiment with colors and brightness from your smart phone—from a different room or away from home.
Advanced color control
• Add RGB values to match your light color with your paint or décor.
• Use the double color wheel to pinpoint the perfect color for your space.
Group devices within Rooms
• Add products to a group within a room to give you more control of your devices without creating new rooms in the app. Example: In your “Kitchen” room, separate “Island Fixtures” from “Ceiling Fan” for individual or paired control.
Improved stability and speed
• Connect to your products faster than ever before and get a much more reliable connection compared to the C by GE app.
What can you do with the new Cync App?
• Set a light schedule so you never come home to a dark house
• Change the colors or your space without painting
• Create multiple profiles and share control with more than one person at a time
• Set the perfect sleeping scene with one touch by pairing smart bulbs, smart plugs, and more.
• Add our Indoor Smart Camera to your entryway to make sure your kids got home from school safely.
• Keep your current C by GE products and connect them seamlessly with Cync products.
• With our Outdoor Smart Plug, you can turn on your outdoor holiday display with one touch from the comfort of your home.
Connect easily to Amazon Alexa or Hey Google for convenient voice control—with no hub needed.
New Cync products:
Want to build onto your smart home? Add these new products to your home and control everything through our new app.
Outdoor Smart Plug
• Extend smart control to your great outdoors. Want to activate the perfect patio with one touch? Add this all-weather product to your outdoor string lights and water features.
Indoor Smart Camera
• Keep an eye on your home from anywhere. With HD video and 2-way audio, you can keep an eye on your kids from a different room or watch your pets from work.
For more information about the new Cync App or other products, visit GELighting.com/cync
GE is a trademark of General Electric Co. Used under trademark license.
This update includes several important bug fixes for the following issues:
-Invalid account data for some users would cause an error message to be displayed when entering the correct two-factor authentication code.
-Certain legacy device data would cause the app to hang or crash in some situations.
-Unintended appearance of some parts of the app when certain accessibility settings were enabled.
-Some devices showing as disconnected after the last app update.
Ratings and Reviews
Not bad smart bulbs, Cync app is ok, could be better
I received these bulbs free for testing purposes for my honest review. Settings up the light bulbs is very straight forward, clear instructions, and I like how the light blinks so you know which light is being configured with the app. The app can only configure one bulb at a time, so be patient. I like that just this app and bulbs are needed to use functionality. No other equipment is required. The app can integrate for full smartphone experience, I don’t have these extra components, but like you can if you want. Updates are easy to apply, but they are slow, and you are tied to that screen until it completes. Just be patient. If you try to exit, the app asks if you want to exit, which it nice. You can add a photo to scenes, I find that odd. Overall not bad, not great, but for me they meet my functionality because it was so simple and quick to setup. Some comments to developers: 1. Creating a new scene at first was hard because the blue background and the button is blue, I couldn’t see the plus sign at first. 2. Limited scenes functionality. Would be nice to have a program such as dusk to dawn or other preset programs. 3. Please include schedule for light bulbs. I have to manually add two scenes. One to start light and second to turn off lights. I would use up 32 scene limit quickly.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the honest feedback and we regret any issues or hiccups experienced getting your new lights setup with our new app. Thank you for the positive feedback! All feedback and suggestions are shared with our development team for future improvement. -Cync Support Team
Weak functionality for “smart” bulbs
I received these bulbs for free in exchange for my honest opinion. I love the idea of these bulbs - I was excited to set them up on a schedule instead of the manual timer I have which is difficult to use and also hard to access behind my couch. However, I didn’t see anywhere on the app to set up a schedule. So I was greatly disappointed. After doing some searching online, I saw that you can access schedules once you set up a “Scene”. Oookay, I set up a scene and go to the schedule... which only has a start time and a duration, if I understand it correctly. And the duration’s longest time period is 60 minutes. Or, you can only turn on the light and it slowly turns on for 60 minutes, and it stays on from that point on. Totally useless, either way. I want an easy to understand app that has “Schedules” on the front page, a start time, an end time, and anything else is just luxurious. There’s so much potential for smart light bulbs, and schedules are a given. It would be REALLY cool to be able to set different colors on timers or change scenes at different times...
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback! All feedback is shared with our development team for improvement. The Cync app handles schedules a little differently. To view your schedules from the C by GE app, tap Scenes in the top right corner of your app home screen. Those schedules will now display as a scheduled scene. To create new schedules, first create a scene, then you schedule that scene. If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact us at 1-844-302-2943. Or, you can view the Support Article about Scenes and Schedules on cyncsupport.gelighting.com. -Cync Support Team
Little bit of a learning curve
I received these light bulbs complimentary for testing purposes. The app seems very basic and easy to navigate but I had some issues with the initial setup. I installed the GE light bulb and was able to link it to my google home app but when I tried to link it to the Cync app, it could not locate the light bulb. I had to google troubleshooting tips and eventually read how to do a factory reset on the bulb. The reset process was easy, I just had to turn the light off and on for specific sequences of time and then it blinked to let me know that it was reset. After that, I had no trouble finding it in the Cync app. Once linked, you can give it a name and assign which room it’s in. You can also change it to any custom color and brightness that you want. I like that it gives you the option to favorite colors so you can easily go back to the ones that you like. My only suggestion would be to add more detailed instructions and troubleshooting tips in the actual app so people don’t have to search for them online.
Developer Response ,
We appreciate the honest feedback! Glad you were eventually able to get them setup and working. If you go to settings> help it will bring up our support page that you can search for any issues you might be experiencing. Feel free to reach out to us at 1-844-302-2943 if you need additional assistance. -Cync Support Team
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- GE Lighting, Inc.
- 155.8 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © GE Lighting, a Savant Company
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.