“It’ll restore your faith in adventurous songcraft” - Anil Prasad, Innerviews
C3: Motion Study presents innovative music in an interactive, touch-driven format for the iPad. Twelve C3 songs are transformed into a moving, multi-layered musical mash-up, a playfully pliable puzzle. Motion Study is visual and visceral way to experience the motion & emotion in this evocative music.
Seattle-based C3 is a collaboration between Steve Ball and Paul O’Rear whose unique music combines odd, intricate and interlocking guitar parts with stacked vocal harmonies. C3 performances feature a constantly morphing line-up of world-class guest musicians who collaborate to present improvised songscapes and multi-layered story-songs. Arrangements, tempos, keys, and harmonies unfold dynamically in the moment, and no song or show is ever performed exactly the same way twice.
The C3:Motion Study app reflects this same aesthetic.
Based on C3’s 2013 book and CD “Motion Study” this is the App equivalent of a live C3 show: subtle and surprising. The app, created in collaboration with Zentric – the world-class dev and design firm already doing amazing interactive work for Tony Levin and Genesis photographer Armando Gallo – gracefully unveils the hypnotic layers of C3’s music and art.
· music that moves: includes twelve evocative sonic and visual experiences
· tickle tiles to create your own remix while lyrics dance and disappear
· tilt to organically remix soundscapes into songs
· solve puzzles placing pieces to bring individual instruments into the mix
· tap to trigger spoken oblique strategies to poetically complement the motion in the music
· explore and discover hidden images as songs unfold and evolve
· put on headphones and spin stems to spatially create your own 3D mixes
· enjoy the mesmerizing “Modern Monkey Math” music video
· also includes all linear tracks from the original album with new, soundscape-enhanced remixes
· easily share song tile illusions, knotwork and album artwork
· share the app freely with friends
C3 website: http://www.steveball.com/c3/ | Zentric website: http://www.zentric.info
“an unusual amalgam of influences ranging from the acoustic ensemble side of Robert Fripp to the harmony vocals of America, Harry Nilsson and the Beach Boys… round out this adept, astute and thoroughly enjoyable outing, which comes packaged in a hardcover book with accompanying artwork”
- Barry Cleveland, Guitar Player Magazine June 2013
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Wow! Every Song is an Interactive Adventure!
I love this app! The music is beautiful and it's great how can you play with the tracks so they will always sound different. I loved mixing a Robert Fripp soundscape by tilting the iPad. There is a music puzzle where the song sounds more and more complete as you are closer to solve the puzzle. There are mixers to turn instruments on and off on a multi track song or even where you can change the balance of each instrument for a perfect mix. The list goes on and on... Every song is an interactive adventure. Smart, entertaining and musically wonderful.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Steve Ball
- 315.1 MB
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Steve Ball / Ballistic Music