Caato: Time Tracker & Work Log 4+
Timesheet, work hours tracking
CS Software Consultancy Ltd
- Offers In-App Purchases
+++ Time Tracking for your Mac – finally done right! +++
Time tracking should be easy and effortless. That's what Caato Time Tracker is about! It's reliable, easy-to-use and hassle-free. It’s perfect for you as a small business owner, designer, consultant, developer, architect, lawyer or freelance worker for tracking your worktime and billable hours as well as your projects and tasks.
The new and improved Caato Time Tracker features a date range filter that lets you see just the tracked time you are interested in. Getting the report you need for billing your clients is a matter of seconds with filter presets like "Last Month" and our new Excel export (Excel export Pro Version only).
The visibility toggle (Pro Version) allows you to hide certain projects so that you can focus on what's important right now. And, if you’re wondering how many hours you’ve already worked today, just take a look at the app icon and you'll know it.
Our customers around the globe love Caato Time Tracker for its simplicity:
“Wonderful app! Simple and efficient! I love this app.“
“I seriously love it for its simplicity.“
“This is great and simple to use.“
Easily stay on top of your time: Caato Time Tracker features a 3-tier hierarchy of projects, tasks, and detailed time entries. With the date filter you can quickly check how many hours you worked on your projects and tasks in a defined timeframe.
Relax and let Caato Time Tracker keep your time: You can always add, delete or edit entries on every level for maximum flexibility. Excel (Pro Version) and CSV export options enable you to easily build reports with your favorite spreadsheet application or send them directly via email (OS X 10.9 and higher).
- Start and pause button
- Tracks projects, tasks and detailed time entries including seconds
- Show and hide projects
- Setting for automatically converting hours to days
- Tracks multiple projects at once (Pro Version)
- Allows editing of entries in the past and adding entries in the future
- Context-sensitive totals in the status bar
- Date range filter with presets and individual date range picker
- Shows today’s working hours or the number of currently tracked projects in dock icon
- Clean user interface with complete date labels
- Easy Excel (Pro Version) and CSV export with formatting options and email feature (OS X 10.9 and higher)
- Retina resolution support
- Auto-Backup (please contact Caato support for data recovery)
- Quick and friendly support
How you can use Caato Time Tracker
- Track time for several projects (Pro Version)
- Track time for several tasks of one project
- Track time for your personal projects
- Track time for your hobbies
- With the one-time "Pro Version“ in-app purchase, you will be able to add, hide, edit and delete as many projects as you like and export your data to Excel.
This update fixes an issue on macOS Ventura where the navigation bar wasn't displayed correctly
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent App, well designed and implemented.
I have been using the free version for the better part of a year to track one volunteer project I work on. Caato is so easy to use, it’s quite remarkable. I finally decided that although the volunteer project tracking is awesome, I need to get my personal life in order and find out just where I am wasting time on foolishness. The way to do that is to track my time, so I just upgraded to the Pro version. For those who want notes and a myriad of other features, the business version (+) may be what you need, but for me, the simplicity of the interface and the fact that it doesn’t have all sort of other things it can do is ideal. It does what I want it to do, it Tracks Time Usage.
As a professional software developer for over 40 years with a specialty of database and user interface design, all I can say is that this is an excellent app. Kudus to all involved, it is well designed, well implemented, professionally supported. Everything I could hope to have in an App.
Great and super functional app!
I don’t know what the problem is with the person that apparently wants everything free without any strings attached (too bad for him I guess lol), but I can say this app is NO backup app, it’s the main one, and if he’s using this one as he says as a “backup” to 2 other apps, and he’s as frustrated as he says he is, he would just stop using this one, so apparently this one is pretty good.
I’ve checked out almost a dozen different timer apps for Mac, and so far this one has the most features and a reasonable price as well. It does exactly what it says it will do and it does it well. I work at home and need to bill clients for time on spent on website projects, and this app works great for that. …
Having said all that I’d love to see one thing for sure that Mr. “I use this as a backup” suggested as well as one of my own:
- Please give us the ability to input the time to start/end when editing a timer instead of having to calculate the minutes/hours to get the right time.
- Please also give us the total minutes in the window of the timer we are editing as there is no way to identify which one we’re editing, to be sure we’re editing the correct one, other than looking at the timers which can be boggling at times.
These really are the only Cons I’ve found in this app, and that’s pretty minimal and definitely they do not hinder the use of the app in any way, just could be more convenient for the user. Kudos to the developers!
Really great for freelancers!
I'm a freelance transcriptionist/translator and usually bill by the hour. It was definitely worth it for me to upgrade to the pro version as I have multiple clients and multiple projects for each client. One thing I really love about this versus other time tracking apps I've used is that when you start and stop a timer, it is saved as it's own individual time entry. Whereas other apps when you stop a timer and then start it again, it just picks up where it left off. I also like that in the edit view all the timers for a specific task can be adjusted individually. (for when you accidently leave it running for 8 hours...) Overall, 5 stars. I have recommended it to other people already. I didn't need a lot of bells and whistles and integrations, I just needed something easy and clear and simple.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- CS Software Consultancy Ltd
- 6.6 MB
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 CS Software Consultancy Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Version $9.99