Cairn helps you stay safe on your hikes, runs and outdoor adventures. Easily share your plans with loved ones, find spots with cell coverage, download offline topo maps, see stats on your route, and record your hiking trail.
Named one of the three best map apps for navigating the wilderness by Outside Magazine.
GET FOUND IF YOU’RE OVERDUE
• Notifications: Safety contacts are notified when you’re past due
• Live tracking: Contacts can see your GPS location during your trip or hike
• Rescue advice: Contacts get important info needed to make intelligent rescue initiation decisions
STAY CONNECTED IN THE OUTDOORS
• Know where others have found cell coverage
• Download maps that are designed specifically for outdoor pursuits
• Send status updates with a single tap
SEE TRAIL STATS
• Get live distance, elevation gain and ETA stats for 4000+ hiking routes, summits, and trails worldwide
• Customize your ETA stat based on your activity type (hiking, running, skiing, horseback riding, snow travel, mountain biking) and speed
• Record and save your trail while you hike
+ Easy: It only takes a minute to set up a Cairn
+ Open: Share plans with anyone – no app required to view
+ Customizable: Control how often Cairn collects your GPS location and battery usage
+ Flexible: Great for hiking, backpacking, trail running, horseback riding, skiing, cycling, rock climbing, camping, hunting, fishing, boating and more
While the maps, trails and cell coverage information are always free to access, you will also start a free trial when you install the app. This allows you to try every one of Cairn's features for a full 30 days without any commitment. The free trial expires automatically.
We are committed to bringing you the best app for adventuring in the wilderness. By subscribing to Cairn you are helping to support and shape our continued efforts in this direction. Subscribers also get access to all the features that help keep you safer in the outdoors.
• The free trial expires automatically; there is no need to cancel.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, & identify the cost of the renewal.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of Purchase.
• Turn off auto-renewal via the main Settings app: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039
Need support? Get in touch via Twitter, Facebook or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Now you can find and share your current location coordinates (after giving permission, of course). You can also now see when the sun will rise and set; just look in the main menu for this info. Also, when you are recording a track, Cairn collects your cell coverage status and displays it all along your recorded trail. You can then access your saved track's cell coverage data later in your profile.
Ratings and Reviews
I came across Cairn a few months ago as I was preparing for a big 17 mile hike. Cairn popped up in my research of “best hiking apps” and wow I was not disappointed. This app was perfect for letting my family know I was ok during my all day hike without me having to pull out my phone and check in every few hours. I have since used Cairn on every hike I go on and have never had anything but positive experiences. My trail progress is recorded and my family can have peace of mind knowing that I am safe because they can see my location. I’m telling all my hiking friends that they need to download this!! Also, this is the only app I am willing to subscribe to, and I can be cheap so that’s saying something :)
Awesome map/GPS app for hikers
This is a great app for hikers and backpackers. It’s easy to use. You can download maps so you can use them even when you are off-line. It uses the GPS chip in your phone so you can determine your location on the map. It helps you find places with cell phone signal if you need it. And it gives you an easy way to notify a circle of friends of where you are going and when you expect to be back. It notifies them if you are overdue, and you can check in to let them know that you returned safely. I use this on all my solo hikes.
This app is freaking fantastic
We have been using this app in Puerto Rico to help map all the science studies we have been doing in the rainforests above caguas after the hurricane. We have no cell service at all and little to no power. The ability to download detailed topography for free anywhere you might be traveling or working is amazing.
I have also had a contact with the cairns team. I was having trouble signing in with my new phone. They were amazingly helpful, and prompt in their response. This app should should not be free. It is too good to be true.
Keep it up y’all!
- FITCLIMB COM LLC
- 118.1 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © FitClimb 2014
- In-App Purchases
- Yearly $26.99
- Monthly $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.