Calca is a powerful symbolic calculator that updates as you type giving you instant answers. It solves equations and simplifies complex expressions. It's also a rich Markdown text editor so that you can explain your ideas alongside your calculations.
Calca is perfect for professionals and students - anyone who works with numbers and equations. Variables and functions can be created with only a few keystrokes and can be manipulated with a rich library of operators and functions.
Calca updates as you type - just like a spreadsheet. You can declare variables, edit their values and watch everything update before your eyes. Since everything is calculated on the device - no network needed - you get answers instantaneously.
All calculations are stored as plain text so you can easily share them with other editors and move them from device to device. Calca has been designed to work with iCloud documents so all your devices can access your calculations - you'll always have the latest files ready for viewing and editing.
Calca comes with a suite of examples to help you get started covering topics from home mortgages to kinetics. All these examples are fully explained within Calca itself.
Are you still using a desktop calculator? Are you using the silly calculator with the giant buttons that came with your OS? Computers are much more capable than doing simple one-line arithmetic - put your machine to work with Calca!
• Variables `x = 42`
• Functions `f(c) = 9/5*c + 32` and even recursive functions
• Units `42 mph in kmph` and currency `¥599 in $`
• Solves equations (`x + 2x + 4x = 42`, what is x?)
• Matrices with inverses so you can solve linear equations
• Sum, prod, map, and reduce operations on lists, matrices, and ranges
• Trigonometry and complex numbers
• Derivatives of functions
• Logic operations and if statements
• Binary math (& and |) and support for binary and hex number (`0xA9` and `0b1010`)
• Keeps track of units (m, s, m/s, m/s^2, etc.) so you can verify your equations as you compute
Please visit http://calca.io to see lots of examples. Thank you for looking!
* FIX: round() function in version 1.5.2
* FIX: Switching between dark and light mode now renders text properly
* FIX: Numbers without leading 0s are now supported with currency and in cultures that use , as the decimal separator
* FIX: Indentation commands and cursor movements when hitting Return in an answer
* NEW: Solutions can now be saved to a new function using the `solve` function:
y = m*x + b
z = solve(x) => y/m - b/m
z => y/m - b/m
Ratings and Reviews
Calca had already replacement most of my uses of a spreadsheet in my day to day life.
But the new features on this version are just amazing. Plotting is now bulit into Calca. It is almost magical to get plots updated as you update your text and watch it live.
The second major feature is the use of Command-Shift-C which brings up a Calca window to do quick ccomputations anywhere. This replaces the need to have an empty Untilted file lying around in Calca for quick computations (which is what I used to do before). Now all scratch computations can be done trivially on this immediate window.
I use it every day
I am an insulation estimator and I use this app daily. The feature that make it fit into my workflow so well is that I can save a spreadsheet as plain text in a note field on our lead management software. No other spreadsheet that I’m aware of has this capability. The only thing that could make it better for me is if it was available as a Chrome app. All of our workflow is cloud based except for this tool. However, i still very highly recommend this app as it is easy to use and has performed flawlessly.
Still my Go-To Calculater
I love using this app. I wish every text editor had the functionality of Calca built in. As it is, it is very useful. Also being able to use it on the iPad and iPhone with the same files via iCloud is a huge plus! Thanks for all the years of having this great app available!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Krueger Systems, Inc.
- 8.8 MB
- Requires macOS 10.9 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2013-2021 Krueger Systems, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.