The most comprehensive, best selling Mortgage Calculator App in the App Store with 500,000 users since 2008. Advanced analysis on the go. Unique features no other loan calculator offers. See impact of Tax savings on your affordability. Extended Amortization. Total costs allow you to make smart decisions. The only Loan Calc App with the distinction to be on the MintLife's top 10 apps to have. Type "CalcsFree" in your favorite search engine (CalcsFree was the previous name of the application) and you will see hundred of pages with reviews and un-solicited video reviews people have posted regarding this application.
1) Quick calculator
For people who simply need Payment based on Rate and Term in 3-4 clicks.
In addition, the results give you a simple amortization table that you can email to anyone, and a total costs calculation to predict your affordability.
* Designed for people with a need for on-the-go and simple analysis.
* Simple Input Methods.
* Comprehensive results.
* By popular demand, the calculator now supports multiple scenarios.
* Helps you to beat the lender at his/her own game! Understand terms like DTI, LTV, etc.
* Designed for people who want to conduct detailed analysis about their situation, and understand loan criteria used by lenders.
* Input values as either a percent or an absolute amount.
* Click on the ⓘ icon to see help & advice on the topic.
* Analyze multiple loans for multiple properties.
* Comprehensive analysis to help with your affordability calculations.
* Wicked fast; designed for attractive, simple usability with field navigation between text fields (similar to Safari).
* See estimated Tax Savings. The savings calculations are automatically capped based on tax-filling-status--something no other calculator offers--**PERIOD**.
* E-Mail Loan Summary, Total Costs, Amortization Table etc. to yourself or a friend.
* Loan Term can be Years AND Months (not just Years).
* Ability to Input "Other Tax Deductible Expenses".
* See Effective Monthly Payment (i.e. amount after Estimated Tax Savings).
* See Monthly Payment broken down into various components (such as PITI, PITI + MI etc.)
* See Total costs over 5, 7, etc. years, not just over life as other calculators do! Helps with making Purchase or Refinance decisions if you are not going to stay for the life of the loan.
* Pick the date of the first payment and see not one, but ** TWO ** types of Amortization tables! A "Simple" Amortization table shows all the information in a compact table format which can also be e-mailed to yourself or a friend. An "Extended" Amortization table puts a lot of detailed information at your finger tips (See below) including the total interest paid in a particular year. This helps with Schedule A deductions.
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE "Extended" AMORTIZATION TABLE
# Results broken into Sections by year.
# Jump to a year directly using an index similar to Apple's Contacts application.
# See how much interest you would be paying in a certain year (for Schedule-A tax deduction calculations).
# See Effective Monthly Payment for a Month (i.e. after tax savings).
# See how much you could save due to tax benefits (in a year or in a month).
# See Interest & Principle for a month.
# See Cumulative Interest Paid & Principle Paid.
# See Loan Balance Due.
* Fixed a major crash introduced in the last version.
Ratings and Reviews
Simply the Best
As a loan officer who often needs a "back of the envelope" calculation of costs at a seconds notice, this app has it all. Plus having 3 options that provide varying degrees of detail (basic, quick, and advanced) make this a versatile tool in any LO's arsenal.
The best part is that I can quickly get a client or realtor hard numbers when I'm nowhere near my office. I've been looking for an app like this for quite some time and now have finally found it. Every loan officer needs to download this app.
This is, by far, the most complete mortgage calculator I have ever found, online or otherwise. Though not intuitive, it is very useful for those looking to generate mortgage-specific numbers, like the front-end/back-end ratio; I used it while reading articles, etc. When I bought a house. I tried many other mortgage calculators, and this is the one I always came back to.
Does not support email
I've used this app for years and has been in my top list of real estate apps. I always recommend it to my clients and fellow agents. However, the latest version destroyed the UI and took away the ability to email the estimated payments and charts to my clients, who are now forced to download the app to be able to see their figures. Even though I recommend it to clients, I am not into forcing them to download or sign up for anything. It's just the way it is nowadays in 2014 you know? So, I will e glad to revise my review to 5 stars as long as we can email charts and figures to clients within the body of the email or an easy to open PDF attachment.
Developer Response ,
Hi AFU78, there was indeed a problem where you couldn't send the Amortization Table via email. The issue should have been fixed, and I am hoping you are now finding the app useful. The app definitely needs a bit of work, but being a small developer, it is sometimes not possible to spend much time beyond the day job. I am sincerely hoping this fixes your issue and apologize for any inconvenience.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.