A simple calculator that will suit your everyday calculation needs. Calculate decimals, percentages & much more in this beautifully crafted top bar app.
This calculator is a simple and beautiful calculator, that will handle all your everyday calculation needs. It's retina ready, can be moved around in the window or stick to the top bar, you can make it transparent so it's not that noticeable, set it to start at login, make a global shortcut to activate the app or even change the design!
If you have any questions, feedback or complaints about the calculator, don't hesitate to contact us using the support link. If you like the calculator a positive review is always appreciated.
• Basic calculations
• Up to 40 numbers in display
• Retina optimized
• Can open on startup
• Transparency can be toggled
• Multiple design choices
• Copy/Paste numbers
• Option to set global shortcut
• Can be moved around in window
• Calculation operators visible in display
• Adjust number of decimals shown
• Compatible with OSX Mountain Lion (10.8) and optimised for OSX Maverick (10.9)
• Minimalistic and professionally designed graphics
• Numpad keys fully supported
• Visual response in calculator when keyboard buttons are used
• Active operand is show inline in the calculator display
• Copy/Paste numbers to and from the calculator by using the normal copy/paste shortcut
• Calculator supports %
• Dot is showed as "," or "." depending on the region of the world you live in
• HOT KEYS
• Copy number to clipboard: [Command + C]
• Quit the calculator: [Command + Q]
• Hide the calculator: [Command + H]
• Show settings and add-ons: [Command + S]
• 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0: [Numbers]
• Add: [+]
• Subtract: [-]
• Multiply: [x or *]
• Divide: [/]
• Percent: [%]
• Evaluate: [Return or Enter]
• Dot: [. or ,]
• Clear: [C or Clear]
• Delete single number: [Delete]
- General improvements
- Fixed bugs
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The perfect calculator replacement for Big Sur
I used to use the calculator in the control center all the time and was very disappointed when it was removed, but this app fixed the last sticking point I had with that update! It's even more convenient than the old mac calculator because it's always ready in the menu bar (I don't even need to open the control center and scroll down) and it doesn't clear the last calculation I made, which saves me a lot of time in recalculating things. Like other reviews have mentioned, if you're trying to do big math this may not be for you. If you're like me, though, and math just isn't your forte, so you calculate stupid little equations, you should be totally fine. 10/10 would recommend!
Bad for anything but basic math
This app can practically be replaced by cmd space. It does basic stuff well, and I like that there's a tape to see past calculations so you don't have to remember the result you just got.
However, it has syntax problems with negatives, decimals, and exponents (and negatives/decimals within exponents), which can't be solved by adding parentheses either.
I've tried contacting the developer in case they didn't know, but got no response. Issues include:
- Typing something like `5*-1` enters automatically as `5 x ( -1`, so pressing enter will not work because it's waiting for a closing parentheses. Just a slight annoyance but ok.
- Typing `5^-1` shows as `5^1`, just not registering the negative in the exponent at all. The result should be 0.2, not 5.
- Typing `5.5^(-1.2)` shows as `5.5^12`. It only accepts the first decimal for whatever reason, still doesn't register the negative in the exponent, and attempting to add parentheses doesn't help. The result should be 0.13, not 766,217,865.
- Last slight annoyance is that results always contain commas—or decimals for outside US—for things like `1,000`, and this can't be turned off. So if you copy and paste to a spreadsheet, it's recognized as a string instead of a number.
I personally need these things and wish I got a response at least. I would highly advise against this if you're someone who has to work with numbers for work or school.
Calculator Always Ready
My on board calculator that came with my MacBook died and no longer looks like a calculator, acts like a calculator nor quacks like a calculator. I was looking for something that I could use while shopping. Found this calculator and it is perfect for what I need. One of the best parts is that I don’t have to shut all the windows to get to it. It stays on the toolbar next to the bluetooth sign so, in that respect it is better than what I had .The numbers are large enough for me to use without my glasses, it has a clean appearance and it was FREE. I might also want to add that this the second calculator that I have gotten from the App. store. The other was kept getting lost. This is a review for the basic version.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Holger Sindbaek
- 5.7 MB
macOS 10.15 or later, 64-bit processor
- Age Rating
- © BetaUnltd LLC
- In-App Purchases
- • ALL FEATURES • NO POPUPS • SUPPORT HARDWORKING DEVELOPER • $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.