CalendarMenu is a macOS menu bar application, which provides a small calendar showing all informations you need to keep track of all upcoming appointments, birthdays and reminders in the blink of an eye.
CalendarMenu is highly configurable and allows you to specify exactly what you want CalendarMenu to show.
On macOS Big Sur, a Today Widget for the Notification Center is available showing a monthly calendar in three different styles, with markers for all your appointments, reminders and birthdays (see the 3rd screenshot).
On the previous macOS versions like macOS Catalina and earlier, two more list widgets for your upcoming events (today and tomorrow) or reminders are available as well (see the 4th screenshot)
• shows all iCal calendar events
• calendars can be selected individually
• highlights birthdays read directly from macOS Contacts (Address Book)
• differentiates between normal and all-day events
• individually highlights events spanning multiple days
• can individually hide normal events and/or events spanning multiple days
• provides daily and weekly overviews showing all calendar events and reminders (with due date) of the selected day or week
• shows calendar weeks and first weekday according to your current system configuration
• reminders with a due date set are highlighted in the calendar
• allows to quickly mark reminders as finished or pending without leaving CalendarMenu
• you can individually (de)select reminder lists
• reminders can be sorted by their title, by due date, priority or calendar name (either ascending or descending)
• reminders without due date can be hidden
• reminders listed on the main window can be limited to a due date within the next X days
More screenshots are available on the CalendarMenu website.
If you find a bug in this app, please report it to the bug tracker so I can fix it as soon as possible. You can reach the bug tracker directly via the "CalendarMenu Support" link.
A free tryout version is available on the website:
• the status bar panel has been completely rewritten from scratch and now makes use of the full screen height, if necessary
• the status bar item can now show a customizable date-/time-string and hereby fully replace the system date, e.g. save space on smaller displays (since macOS 10.14 it is freely movable)
• the birthday and anniverary filter now allows for the selection of multiple contact groups
• a completely new month calendar widget has been added for macOS Big Sur
• the month calendar widget for the notification center (on macOS Catalina and earlier) got a new navigation as well
• supports several new gestures for your multitouch trackpad
• even more customizable than before
• the overall readability has been greatly improved
• full compatibility with macOS Catalina (version 10.15)
• countless other improvements and bugfixes
Note: Due to the profound changes in macOS Big Sur, the previously existing Today Widgets are not available any more, but they are still available on macOS Catalina and earlier. There currently is no replacement on Big Sur for the list widgets yet. Thanks for your understanding.
CalendarMenu 4 now requires at least OS X El Capitan (version 10.11.0) or later.
A complete change log of all previously released versions and further informations about the application are available on the website.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I wanted to like it better but . . .
If there is one thing I truly appreciate it is when a developer creates an application that “just works”. CalendarMenu almost meets my criteria. Where it fall short is the persistent self-promotion for “ratings” in the very middle of the application that simply will not go away or can be removed in Preferences. The highlighted section in the middle of the app between the Today and Tomorrow sections of — “Do you like CalendarMenu? Please take a moment to rate it.” — is prominently displayed each time I click on the CalendarMemu menu icon; before and after I have rated it. Like so many other iTunes customers, it is very disappointing to have paid good money and still have to endure insistent requests in attempt to gain ratings and reviews. Overall the app is a very nice one. I like its layout, simplicity and incorporation of Reminders and Events lists. I look forward to an update that will remove these distracting requests and provide their customers a clean application they can enjoy.
I want to like it more...
This app looks great, and I love it’s simplicity and function. I’ve been looking for an app to replace Fantastical, because I don’t need/want it’s bells and whistles, or it’s price tag.
The problem with this app is that consistently eats between 20-30% or CPU. I not sure why this application runs so hot for what it does, but it shouldn’t need to consume that much CPU. I’ve run the app on multiple computers, and the CPU issue persists.
Another problem is the persistent asking for reviews right in the middle of the application, and there is no way to dismiss it or turn it off. I bought your app, don’t use such an intrusive and persistent way of trying to get me to write a review about it. Maybe give me a one time notifcation that I have the option to dismiss permanently, or put off for another time when I have time to sit down and write a review.
Until these things are resolved, I cannot use the app. The CPU consumption is the single biggest issue for me right now. Other than that, I think you get what you pay for with this app, which is a simple and great looking app (apart from the persistent message asking for a review).
I gave a 5 star, cuz "Just what I needed" ... now please make the "rate me" prompt go away!
Love the app! Gave it 5 stars. NOW PLEASE REMOVE THE 'RATE ME PROMPT" from the middle of the screen! other than that, I love it.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.