CalenGoo gives you a fast and easy way to access and modify your Google Calendar with your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad. It can also be used when you have no Internet connection, using the cached data. Changes are saved and uploaded the next time you are connected.
The calendar view is similar to the web view of Google Calendar. Events are displayed using the same calendar colors that you use in your Google Calendar, even Google's event colors are supported (please see http://www.calengoo.com/cc ). It also recognizes which calendars are visible and which are hidden. So the view should match the view of your Google Calendar as much as possible.
CalenGoo also has a month view similar to that of Google Calendar. It can be zoomed and panned to quickly get an overview over the events of a month. Zooming the month is done by using the two-finger-zoom gesture that you know from Safari and the photo application. A double tap opens the tapped day.
It also supports the same kinds of recurrence rules as Google Calendar and displays recurring events correctly even when you are offline or scroll far into the future.
You can also use Google Calendar's feature to invite people to events and see their status (accepted, declined, maybe, no answer). They will get an invitation email with links to e.g. accept or decline the invitation.
Google Calendar has an integrated task list, called Google Tasks. Tasks with a due date are displayed on the corresponding days of the calendar. CalenGoo can do the same, it can sync this list, display your tasks in the calendar views and in a list view and it even makes your tasks available offline. You can edit and add tasks and the changes will be synced with Google Tasks.
You either need a (free) Google Calendar account to use this app or you can use it with your iOS calendars. However using it with Google Calendar has a few advantages.
To get more information, screenshots and a tutorial, please go to http://www.calengoo.com
If you have any problems or suggestions, please send an email to email@example.com or take a look at CalenGoo's support website to get help.
If you think the font is too small and hard to read, you can increase the font size of all calendar views in the settings under "Settings", "Display and Use".
Features ( http://www.calengoo.com ):
- Drag&drop to quickly copy and move events
- Templates to quickly create similar events again. They can even be combined, e.g. one template for the location of an event and another for the attendees
- Print/PDF function to print the day, week, month or agenda view via AirPrint or to email it as a PDF file
- Supports the same recurrence rules as Google Calendar
- Supports Google Calendar's event colors when syncing via OAuth2
- Icons can be assigned to Google Calendar events
- Date/time can be entered using the iOS wheels or by using a keypad
- Fast search function
- Show/edit iOS calendars in addition to Google calendars (or instead of Google calendars)
- Sync with Google Tasks and iOS Reminders
- Reminders can be snoozed and they can be (optionally) repeated every minute
- Birthdays and anniversaries of your contacts can be displayed
- Zoomable month view, which can be configured to scroll horizontally (month by month) or vertically (week by week)
- Events can be linked to contacts
- Floating events and completable events
- Photos and PDF files can be created and attached to events (via Google Drive)
- Calendar selection bar to quickly show and hide single calendars
- The location of an event can be opened with Apple Maps, Google Maps, Navigon, TomTom, Skobbler, Sygic, iGo or Waze
- View/edit calendars that are shared with others via Google Calendar
- Many configuration options to change the way the app looks and works
- Tasks in events can be displayed/edited over multiple lines ("Settings > Display and Use > Edit view > Advanced > Tasks in events > Multiline").
- Added a configuration option for the "Google Meet" row in the edit screen ("Settings > Display and Use > Edit view > Advanced > Allow creation of Google Meet links").
- Added a switch for the landscape day view to make weekends smaller and/or the current day larger.
- Added an optional small month view to the portrait week view ("Settings > Display and Use > Week view > Layout").
- Added a long press menu to the agenda view.
- Added a new sort order "Sort (priority reverse, due date)" for tasks in calendar views.
- Bug fixes and other improvements
Ratings and Reviews
A++ Every imaginable option exists
I've used Calengoo since its inception and the app never disappoints. It also accommodates non-Google providers, e.g. Evernote, Google Drive, Waze, Weather, and more. There’s a massive amount of customization options available which should accommodate whatever use case you throw at it. That said, customizing can be confusing at times when I’m unsure about the function or definition of a particular setting or the reason for its existence. The Calengoo website defines most of the options….and more is definitely better than being boxed into less.
My advise is to periodically backup your settings before making changes in the event you need to revert. Calengoo's out of the box settings work well but i don’t care for the colors so I’ve changed them. IMO the app would advertise better in the app store with a more modern, muted color scheme, but no worries bc you can create your own.
The developer has continuously improved the app and is very responsive. Beyond the initial purchase he's never asked for another dime in spite of some major upgrades. Because I rely heavily on this app I’d be willing to support a subscription model to ensure it remains sustainable for the long-term. I suspect App Store sales have plateaued for developers given the maturity of the iPhone user base. Just a suggestion to the dev and a note of my gratitude for maintaining an excellent app.
Love it!! (5 year user)
Support staff is responsive and awesome. Each calendar and activity is just the unique color I want. Any time I have something I don't like, it's user error and they are happy to help me.
I love that I have form and beauty here. Some apps take away the words on the monthly calendar and replace with colorful bars... Or some other useless thing. With this one, I can go to month view and still see all my events. It looks good and works great!
It syncs perfectly. It works great with google (including matching to my 8 calendar colors) and does all that google tasks can do (and a little more, like put all overdue tasks on today, and view multiple task folders). The new floating task feature has changed the way I do my GTD system and I can check off when I have completed events.
This app has been my calendar app of choice for 5 years.... By far the app that has lived longest on my phone. (I shop and upgrade a lot.) It is interesting how this app used to be one of a kind, and now there are a few copycats, but this one still seems to have the most features that are integrated the best.
Best part: I'm always finding new fun features to get more out of it! I regularly check out the expert options and always find new things to get out of the calendar.
Highly recommend it!
I was actually willing to pay for this app only for the excellent Google Tasks interface. I’m finding the whole setup/options for the calendar itself to be confusing and even though the calendar works, the daily view isn’t very nice looking. However I love the week view - it’s more like an old-fashioned written planner. And above all I love the Tasks sync. I went through a variety of free apps for managing Google Tasks (since Google is being truly stupid in not creating good iPad apps) but they all sucked. This one is perfect and does exactly what I need it to do. So in summary, in spite of confusing settings/options for the calendar, I give this app 5 stars because it’s customizable, syncs great, and above all lets me use Google Tasks (especially in a multitasking view, which is the most productive use for me).
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Dominique Andr Gunia
- 53 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Burmese, Dutch, French, German, Italian
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Dominique Andre Gunia
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.