Welcome to FatSecret, the easiest to use calorie counter and most effective weight loss and dieting app on the market. Best of all, FatSecret is free.
The app is customized for US foods and brands.
Keep track of your food, exercise and weight, using the world's highest quality food and nutrition database and connect with a global community of people looking to make a change for the better and start losing weight and achieve your goals the healthy way.
The app is available on Apple Watch and supports terrific Complications for your watch faces.
The app is fully integrated with the Health app which lets you share your data with other Health connected apps. In particular you can:
- sync your Health app calories burned and steps in FatSecret
- add all your foods and their detailed nutritional information to the Health app
- sync your weight to the Health app
FatSecret is fast, simple to use and includes integration with external tools and services to help you succeed with your diet:
- An easy to use food diary to plan and keep track of what you're eating.
- A wonderful community that's ready to provide support and turbo charge your weight loss.
- Image recognition of foods, meals and products so you can take photos with the camera and track nutrition with pictures.
- A barcode scanner and auto-complete functions.
- Health app, and Fitbit exercise tracking integration.
- An exercise diary to record all the calories you burn.
- A diet calendar to see your calories consumed and burned.
- A weight tracker.
- Detailed reporting and goals for all your calories and macros.
- Photo album. #Photodiet #Foodsnap #Instacalorie
- A journal to record your progress.
- Reminders for meals, weigh-ins and journals.
- Notifications for support, comments and followers.
- Fantastic recipes and meal ideas.
- Sharing and interacting with your professional of choice.
- Facebook and Google login.
The app syncs with FatSecret Professional, the most convenient way to share your food, exercise and weight with your preferred health professional. Your health professional will get free access to simple and powerful tools to monitor your performance and provide you with feedback, advice and support.
You can also sync your account online to access your info anywhere, any time.
Premium subscriptions are available for enhanced features to help you achieve your diet and weight management goals. Premium users get:
- Advanced Meal Planning: plan ahead and know in advance how many calories each meal contains
- Custom Meal Headings: Six additional meal types that allow you to spread your food intake across multiple points in the day
- Water Tracking: so you can make sure you reach a daily water intake goal
If you choose to upgrade to FatSecret Premium, we offer a range of subscription options:
Payment will be charged through your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription renews automatically unless cancelled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the subscription period at the same price and subscription type you previously purchased.
Subscriptions can be managed through your iTunes account after purchase. It is not possible to refund or cancel a subscription during the period.
We hope you'll love Calorie Counter by FatSecret. We are constantly working to improve the app and welcome user feedback.
- Performance improvements
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
The app fits what I am looking for!
I’m lovin’ this app so far, just into it for a week. I was tracking most of my diet info in a spreadsheet prior and I really like the ease and availability of the food selections and their specs along with their crisp, easy to read presentation, nice Job! I switch between the web app while at my computer and I really like the graphs to see where I’m at. Just started to look through what’s offered in premium and I would definitely pay for these features as I finely tune my usage and become proficient with it, but honestly I think your sweet spot right now is between $2.99 and $3.99 per month. Bigger and more graphs on the mobile and web app would be great! Until people like myself get enough time to use and appreciate the app and assess its value, your higher price is a psychological hurdle, at least for me. I’ve learned to trust my gut in app purchases and the fact that I did not jump in immediately confirms that. I’ll certainly have more feedback as I get into it further. Overall, I think you guys are on the right track with a really nice app and I’m anxious to see what’s coming next!
Great app & preferred over myfitness pal
I enjoy the layout & design of the app. I love that it doesn’t bother me too much or shame me when I don’t track calories or log a workout(?) That was an issue I found with myfitnesspal. The online forums also seem a bit more active and encouraging on this app. The app design is simple & to the point. Nutritional facts are seemingly on point. Not a hard app to figure out at all & they have a broad range of food options and choices. I’ve only found it hard to find nutritional info for obscure Asian snacks. In that case, I try to track for something comparable and factor in calories from the packaging to match my food diary. I love the weigh-in function and the data charts available. You are also not inundated by ads and not at risk of accidentally pressing on an ad and opening a new webpage so that’s a big win for me! Great app, I would highly recommend to anyone who just wants to keep an easy and accurate food diary. Whatever your fitness or weight loss goals, this is a great app in general to aid those goals.
I love using fatsecret. The diary and logs and support from other users is excellent and so helpful in my weightless journey. Love the fact that you can set your own macros and calories or have it calculated for you. Tracking is mostly easy and the library of foods is extensive. That being said I noticed sometimes, not all the time, they are a little off. For example my protein I use has 3 grams sugar and when I scan the barcode the app says 0 sugar. So for people who are needing to be exact on their counts you need to just double check that they have it correctly in the system. Also, when you get notifications that someone has responded to your diary log you have to go through some steps to get to the exact message. I wish the notification center would take you directly to the message for easy reply or viewing. Only other complaint is that you have to use the online version to change your profile picture and get access to certain features but that isn't a deal breaker for me. The app does everything you need it to. Other than that I love this app and will continue using it.
- Secret Industries Pty Ltd
- 81.8 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 9.0 and watchOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2019 FatSecret
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Subscription $6.49
- Annual Subscription $38.99
- Quarterly Subscription $15.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.