Caltrain schedule application that focuses on usability, accuracy and simplicity.
Offline operation, real-time departures, instant schedule updates, riders alerts, bookmarks, favorite stops, accurate schedule for weekday and weekends.
What this application does:
• Provides accurate schedules about trains between stations
• Calculates possible transfers when no direct trains available
• Quickly shows the next trips between stations
• Switch between weekday and weekend schedules
• Accurate schedules for special weekday holidays
• Full schedule for easy look up by required depart/arrive time
• Conveniently highlights the next trip
• Fare pricing with zone information
• Timetable view with MyStops filtering
• Bookmarks for frequently used trips
• View bookmarked trips with Watch app
• Customizable push notifications
• ClipperCard© tag on/off reminders
• Periodic check for schedule data updates if enabled
• Instantly updates from caltrain.com when new schedules are published
• Share trip details via email/messaging
• Handsome Caltrain© system map
• Riders alerts/service advisories information
• GPS and Maps integration to find nearest station
• Real-time departures and delays
Caltrain© is a California commuter rail line that operates between San Francisco and Santa Clara Valley.
This application is not affiliated with or sponsored by Caltrain© commuter rail.
* Schedule updated to January 1, 2020
Ratings and Reviews
Great app with some improvement needed
I love this app for commuting and find that it is up to date and has great functionality. The rider advisory feature is very useful. There are a few minor things I’d like to see improved over time.
I do wish the app would suggest any train options that might get you to your destination quickly even if that means transferring (for example, if I take the train north 1 stop from ‘point A’ and then south to my final stop ‘point B,’ I get home sooner than if I wait 25 more mins for the next direct train from ‘point A’ south to ‘point B’).
Also, when in the “schedule” view I cannot scroll to see trains later than the ~5 soonest upcoming trains and instead have to switch to “timetable” view. This is fairly annoying if the time I am interested in viewing is juuuust out of sight.
Finally, in “timetable” view when switching between north and south, if I have the page scrolled to a specific time, it changes back to the first train of the AM rather than keeping my spot.
Overall, these are all small things, but improving them would highly increase the user experience and functionality of the app.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your feedback and suggestions. Train transfers are supported since the first release of the app, but could be disabled by users in Settings. Please check if that's the case. To view complete schedule between A and B please use "Full Schedule" button. It looks more like a title and this will be corrected in the next update. Keeping timetable at the same time slot is a great idea. Thanks!
Useful but notifications setup is incomprehensible
I use the app all the time and it’s very very useful. The auto switch on main screen for the correct direction of commute is a delightful thing.
I bought the paid app for the de-training notifications, to remind me to swipe clipper card. I have never been able to get it to work after repeated convo’s with the developer. That UX needs to change, it’s incomprehensible.
But overall happy with the app, happy to have contributed towards it’s development.
Very useful app for all of your CalTrain needs!
Here’s a tip... when you’re on the schedule tab, you can tap the top bar’s label that says “Full Schedule” and it will provide you with a scrollable list of all trips of the day related to your route. That could be a bit more intuitive/obvious for the user (normally toolbar text isn’t obviously tappable), but hey, at least it’s there. If it were up to me, the whole list would be scrollable above and behind the route picker widget.
Also I messaged the app developer, and to my surprise he or she had a really impressive response time... almost immediate.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- MAXLABS LLC
- 8.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2012-2020 Maxim Stepanov
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.