Most Calypso users appreciate the scores in the powerful Songbooks viewer and consider the fake book support (aka Real Books) a nice addition. However, jazz musicians consider the fake books viewer to be the best part of Calypso. It allows you to quickly select the best sheet music from all of your fakebooks out of 10,000 compositions.
This feature-rich music score tool provides you with some unique capabilities:
• the animated two-page layout of your music scores as you play
• no page turnings required and no distracting scrolling
• assign an original recording to your score and
• easily sync the music with your score - tap on a bar to listen to the music at that bar
• playback the music at a slower tempo for practicing and/or change the pitch
• with support for many popular fake books, you're best prepared for the next session - better than your old gig books.
• Calypso also knows 100+ Aebersold PDFs. Assign your play-along to the music score and learn the jazz.
Please note that Calypso does not provide you with fake book or Aebersold PDFs!
• put all your music sheets into your iPad
• organize your scores into pretty looking songbooks
• make setlists and mail them to your bandmates
• record your practices and play it back to your teacher
• annotate your teacher's hints or your conductor's instructions
• take a photo of new scores right at your rehearsal
ANIMATED TWO-PAGE LAYOUT
The unparalleled feature of Calypso Score is the animated two-page layout capability. Thus your iPad is even better than your paper sheets: when you have to jump back or ahead over several pages, Calypso Score automatically does layout the sheets in such a way, that you may see the bars both before and after the jump! Watch the demo at www.calypso-score.com.
Calypso Score is designed to do a really good job without the need for external page-turner devices. Calypso Score also supports both Bluetooth and MIDI devices, though.
You can assign music from your iPod library and easily synchronize it with your music score. Thus you tap on a bar of your score to hear the music at that bar. Sync your play-a-long music with the scores. Or simply scan your school book and sync the scores with its included audio CD.
You can record your music as you play on a gig or during your practicing. Then, as with synced audio, tap on any bar to hear the recording at that position.
Even better, you may playback any recording at a slower speed and/or change the pitch. This is a great feature for practicing with play-a-longs.
SHEET MUSIC ORGANIZER
Organize all your sheets within songbooks. Easily and quickly make setlists. Name your sets. Rearrange your sets. Quickly mark your songs with colored labels. Annotate your scores with text, drawings, and many musical symbols.
FAKE BOOKS & AEBERSOLDS
But, there is one more thing ...: Calypso Score knows many popular fake books (aka Real Books)! Scan your own fake books or get a copy of them from the many sources in the net and import them to Calypso. You then have direct access to all titles of those PDFs. You may also search for a title within all your fake books.
You can easily adjust existing indexes to your PDF in case of missing or additional pages.
Or make an index of your own PDF files.
(again: no fake books are provided for obvious reasons)
SHARE WITH YOUR BANDMATES
Everything in Calypso can be shared: the music scores, (synchronized) recordings, complete songbooks, setlists, and your own PDF indexes. Share over iCloud, Dropbox, WiFi, Bluetooth, iTunes or mail.
Thanks to all users who contributed their feedback to the improvements.
- you can now access some tutorial videos via the help center, which will certainly not only inspire new users.
- new option 'Export PDFs with Annotations', so you are now able to switch them OFF
- new option for editing a song title: "Initial capital letters ..." You can now specify, whether all words should start with capital letters (like in the English spoken world) or only the first word of a sentence (like in German)
- some rare stability issues have been fixed
- some minor bugs concerning the PDF export, a vanishing toolbar, and the page-turner fixed
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Exactly what I needed to combine and index my fake books and other music sources.
If you will spend some time reading the manual and are diligent about finding supported fake book pdf files you will be thoroughly rewarded.
You can access your fake books as one book with a live master index which updates each time you add another book.
If you have a pdf which is not pre-indexed you may create an index of your own for any pdf. So not only will Calypso Score let you add fake books you can also add your smaller song books and sheet music and add them to your master index.
If this weren’t enough you can also organize any song from any png image or pdf source into multiple songbooks and set lists.
You can even have it guide you through your score as you play with or without your own accompaniment or your favorite commercial version of each song.
Or you can also choose to use your favorite Bluetooth or midi foot switch to turn your pages.
Definitely the best music score app I own. It does the job of several others I have purchased and does them better.
This is the app to get!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your kind words. If you have any suggestions, please let me know.
Best sheet music app ever!
I am a full time professional gigging musician. I used to use multiple binders filled with charts to go to gigs with. After trying every other sheet music app I could find, and not being happy, I almost gave up. I then found Calypso Score and I couldn't be happier! From syncing music with backing tracks for soloist to eliminate page turns, to sharing music with band members, this app does everything! Getting this app has helped me improve my performances and, in turn, allowed me to raise my prices. If you are a serious gigging musician, you owe it to yourself to get this app. Finally, the customer service is second to none. I can't even say the last time I received such great customer service, this is amazing top to bottom!
Very hard to use
I bought the app to organize my charts in set lists for my gigs. I spent the good part of a day trying to figure out how to use it, but got nowhere. It’s infuriating that we can’t get our money back when buying these kinds of apps. Don’t waste your money.
I am now using forScore, that is easier to use and gives me more options.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.