Apple Design Award 2018 Winner
Calzy is a beautiful modern calculator for your everyday use. It helps you perform your day to day mathematical calculation in a more elegant way. One of its novel features is "Memory Area" - where you can store multiple numerical values and reuse it across multiple calculating sessions with a simple drag and drop interaction. Along with calculation history, It has a unique bookmarking feature - Where you can you save any of your calculation with date and title for your future reference. Calzy can spell out the calculation result in English & 65 other languages. It is designed to look gorgeous on your iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch. It is powered by all the latest iOS technology like Drag and Drop (for both iPhone & iPad), Haptic Touch, Face ID and much more.
• "Memory Area" - where you can drop multiple numerical values and reuse it
• Advanced scientific function (Quickly toggle between basic and advanced mode with Haptic touch. No more rotate to landscape)
• Drag and Drop on both iPhone & iPad
• Multitasking - slide over and split view for iPad
• History & Bookmarking with privacy mode (Face ID/Touch ID support)
• Ability to edit keypad layout
• Haptic Feedback
• Spell out (English & 65 other languages)
• Tax + , Tax - functions
• Quick toggle for both decimal and currency rounding
• Today widget and iMessage extension
• Smart parenthesis
• Spotlight search
• Apple Pencil 2 support (Double Tap Customisation)
• External Keyboard support (Press and hold the Command key to see shortcuts)
• Dynamic type support
• Custom App Icon support
• Universal app - iPhone, Apple Watch, and iPad
• Handoff support - Start on one device and resume it on another device
• iCloud sync for basic settings and history/bookmarks
• Dark / Light mode with multiple color schemes
• Regional support for countries using decimal commas
• French, German, Japanese and Simplified Chinese localization
• Instant. Calculates as you type
• Functional and easy to use
• Clean Interface & Natural gestures
• Advance, yet simple and uncluttered
Powered by all the latest iOS technology, Calzy is the calculator for the new age.
- Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Odds are you aren’t in the market for a new calculator app. But you should be. And we’ve found the perfect one: Calzy. Calzy was a 2018 Apple Design Award winner, and for good reason. The app is gorgeous on your iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch and was built in a way that provides a seamless experience.
Seems great but...
It lacks two necessary features that would enable it to be a truly productivity oriented app, as it should be. Here is what I mean:
1) there is no separate all clear button!
Fast inputs require this button to be separately available otherwise it can impede on productivity. I am comparing this app to the stock calculator app as well as a physical calculator and the importance can easily be noticed.
It is not to say that it is not there - it is combined with the regular delete function and the input can, too easily, be unregistered with a slight move of the finger whilst force pressing
2) most importantly it loads too slowly to be used frequently as my main calculator (for business use). I use an iPhone X and the quick launch feature of Apple’s own calculator bests the launch time of this app by miles. And in high pressure situations this app likely would not be preferred by most.
In other instances, using this calculator is a breeze, as long as it is already opened and you are not in a time crunch. The user interface is pleasing to the eye and the added features are on point.
Just add the two basics and this 4-Star app can easily be a 5-Star app
Dragging values is a bit frustrating and slow
I like this app, but it’s a bit aggravating to drag values into the memory area and back when needed.
It would be a lot easier (for me at least) to just have a STO (STORE) button to put the values in the memory area without having to press, wait for it to register that I’m pressing it, then drag values back and forth to the memory area. Having a RECALL button or simply clicking the value in the memory area to use it, instead of pressing, waiting, then dragging would be easier and faster (again, at least for me).
Other than that, it’s a good calculator, but just frustrating to move values around by pressing and holding a number, waiting for it to register this, then drag it into the memory area. A STO button would be MUCH faster to do the same thing (and a RECALL button too - that or just let me click the value in the memory area to recall it instead of dragging it).
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Raja V
- 27 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- © WapleStuff
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.