GPS car dash camera reсorder
CamCarDer (reads "Cam-Car-Der") is all you need to capture video during your car trips. Just mount your iPhone to a dash with main camera facing forward and start recording of what happens during your trips. You won't believe what kind of interesting things you can capture with it (remember Chelyabinsk's meteorite?)! And, in case of unfortunate accident, you may use your recordings when talk to insurance company.
* Capture video in 3 resolutions (Low, Medium, High) with option to include audio and perform image stabilization
* Turn-by-turn navigation assistance while recording video
* Automatic separation to clips of fixed length (user-selectable: 1, 5, 10, 15, 30 or 60 minutes)
* Record GPS location and speed along with video frames
* Detect speed limit signs and notify in case of exceeding
* Play back video with showing marker on a map and timestamp / speed of a moment
* Export video to album for sharing or storage
* Take photo snapshots while recording video
* Imprints date/time, speed stamp into exporting video as well as actual map with dynamic marker
* Keep recorded clips as a history; view History as a List (by Date) or on an interactive Map (by Location)
* Show path for particular clip on a map with speed indicated by color
* Option to start recording when open the app (or 3D Touch)
* Option to recycle old recorded clips automatically
* Mark important clips "protected" to spare from deletion/recycling
* G-Force sensor to record acceleration and braking
* Show/hide map on main screen for easy navigation
* Dim screen to reduce heating and power consumption
* Detect speed limit signs and optionally notify if exceeding
NOTE: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Please see details on our website at http://oxigenator.com/products/camcarder/ . We suggest that you connect your iPhone to a power, rather than using it on a battery.
So if your phone receives an incoming call or you want to switch to another app, CamCarDer will save current clip. You can start new clip manually, or set application to auto-start it when application goes back to foreground.
Address anomaly when application may crash during video export when not enough operational memory in some phone models. Also the maximum number of clips to keep for auto-cleaning was increased to 500.
Ratings and Reviews
Only for 2 issues
Only for 2 issues I would have given a 5 star ⭐️ rating, this is so far the BEST DASHCAM app that I have tried, you need to resolve only 2 issues which is the recordings stop 🛑 if you make a phone call and the interference with the GPS on Apple Car Play unless you figure out how to project the GPS on CarPlay because otherwise you can’t use the GPS from Google Maps or AppleMaps
Awful interface and not a lot of customization.
I'm really surprised that this is so bad. First you can't view the video in a full screen it's split with navigation in the app and very tiny. Second you have to export the video but it's gets about half way and then aborts. Export is also ridiculously slow. Third you shouldn't have to export the video it should just write the video to the gallery. Lastly, it's hard to even figure out how to enable the tiny export icon. Stupid me I bought this after looking at the video quality in the lite version. I shouldn't have assumed you could just view the video from the gallery without having to export. My recommendation is save your money and look elsewhere. This Dashcam app is poorly written and not user friendly.
Careful, they think they own your videos…
So far this is the best iPhone DashCam app I’ve found but the interface is awkward and they use icons for their own meaning with little regard to what the rest of the world thinks they mean.
My biggest complaint is their on screen branding of my trips in the version I paid for. I resent their using something I FREAKING PAID FOR to advertise their app!! Now I don’t care if they include their information in the meta tags, but if I bought the app, which I did, I don’t expect their branding on each and every freaking frame!!!
At best they will remove the branding or a fair option would be to allow the user to decide if it is included!
Will I use the app again? Nope, and as soon as it shows up as paid for I will go for a refund. I will also make a point of making sure others know about this tacky behavior!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- OXiGENATOR LLC
- 9.3 MB
- Requires iOS 14.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.4 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2015, 2022 OXiGENATOR LLC
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.