CamCarDer (reads "Cam-Car-Der") is all you need to capture video during your car trips. Just mount your iPhone to a dash with main camera facing forward and start recording of what happens during your trips. You won't believe what kind of interesting things you can capture with it (remember Chelyabinsk's meteorite?)! And, in case of unfortunate accident, you may use your recordings when talk to insurance company.
* Capture video in 3 resolutions (Low, Medium, High) with option to include audio and perform image stabilization
* Turn-by-turn navigation assistance while recording video
* Automatic separation to clips of fixed length (user-selectable: 1, 5, 10, 15, 30 or 60 minutes)
* Record GPS location and speed along with video frames
* Detect speed limit signs and notify in case of exceeding
* Play back video with showing marker on a map and timestamp / speed of a moment
* Export video to album for sharing or storage
* Take photo snapshots while recording video
* Imprints date/time, speed stamp into exporting video as well as actual map with dynamic marker
* Keep recorded clips as a history; view History as a List (by Date) or on an interactive Map (by Location)
* Show path for particular clip on a map with speed indicated by color
* Option to start recording when open the app (or 3D Touch)
* Option to recycle old recorded clips automatically
* Mark important clips "protected" to spare from deletion/recycling
* G-Force sensor to record acceleration and braking
* Show/hide map on main screen for easy navigation
* Dim screen to reduce heating and power consumption
* Detect speed limit signs and optionally notify if exceeding
NOTE: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Please see details on our website at http://oxigenator.com/products/camcarder/ . We suggest that you connect your iPhone to a power, rather than using it on a battery.
So if your phone receives an incoming call or you want to switch to another app, CamCarDer will save current clip. You can start new clip manually, or set application to auto-start it when application goes back to foreground.
User may now turn navigation audio feedback on and off in settings. Minor improvement in re-routing algorithm. Delete button added to details view for convenience
Ratings and Reviews
Best. Dash-cam. Period.
This is great! They must have read what the complaints were for all other apps, and made a superior dash cam. Works great with 9.2. Battery power does not seem to be a huge drain. Three size quality settings. Manual and auto focus. Mic that turns off. Gps shows your route. Can auto start. Archives. Can store between 5 and 100 before exporting. Records driving speed. Compass is helpful for driving. Pandora and bluetooth works in background. Calls come though and pause video. Audibly can hear a text comes through without interrupting recording. Only $3. A couple of wishes on the next update... That the speed and/or compass would export. Maybe data on your trip since it logs it. The ability to shut the screen off, with a red dot or something that shows it is still recording, or super low transparency. Maybe a direction indicator choice instead of a real compass. Great job coding!
Awful interface and not a lot of customization.
I'm really surprised that this is so bad. First you can't view the video in a full screen it's split with navigation in the app and very tiny. Second you have to export the video but it's gets about half way and then aborts. Export is also ridiculously slow. Third you shouldn't have to export the video it should just write the video to the gallery. Lastly, it's hard to even figure out how to enable the tiny export icon. Stupid me I bought this after looking at the video quality in the lite version. I shouldn't have assumed you could just view the video from the gallery without having to export. My recommendation is save your money and look elsewhere. This Dashcam app is poorly written and not user friendly.
Careful, they think they own your videos…
So far this is the best iPhone DashCam app I’ve found but the interface is awkward and they use icons for their own meaning with little regard to what the rest of the world thinks they mean.
My biggest complaint is their on screen branding of my trips in the version I paid for. I resent their using something I FREAKING PAID FOR to advertise their app!! Now I don’t care if they include their information in the meta tags, but if I bought the app, which I did, I don’t expect their branding on each and every freaking frame!!!
At best they will remove the branding or a fair option would be to allow the user to decide if it is included!
Will I use the app again? Nope, and as soon as it shows up as paid for I will go for a refund. I will also make a point of making sure others know about this tacky behavior!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- OXiGENATOR LLC
- 19.6 MB
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2015, 2020 OXiGENATOR LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.