CAMEO Chemicals is a database of hazardous chemical datasheets that emergency responders and planners can use to get response recommendations and predict hazards (such as explosions or toxic fumes). This app runs offline.
Key Program Features:
* Search by name, CAS number, or UN/NA number to find chemicals of interest in the extensive database of thousands of hazardous substances. An advanced search with additional search criteria is also available.
* Review chemical datasheets for physical properties, health hazards, information about air and water hazards, recommendations for firefighting, first aid, and spill response, and regulatory information.
* Get information from additional sources using the U.S. Coast Guard CHRIS manual, the NIOSH Pocket Guide, and International Chemical Safety Cards links on many chemical datasheets.
* Access UN/NA datasheets for response information from the Emergency Response Guidebook (ERG) and shipping information from the Hazardous Materials Table. ERG Response Guide PDFs are available in English, Spanish, and French.
* Predict potential hazards that could arise if chemicals were to mix.
* Get offline access: the app runs without an internet connection. You can search for chemical and UN/NA datasheets, view ERG Response Guide PDFs and U.S. Coast Guard CHRIS PDFs, create MyChemicals collections, and view reactivity predictions--all while you're offline. When you're online, you can also go to additional resources on external websites (such as the NIOSH Pocket Guides and the International Chemical Safety Cards) from the app.
CAMEO Chemicals is developed jointly by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Office of Response and Restoration in partnership with the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Office of Emergency Management. It is one of the core programs of the CAMEO software suite (https://response.restoration.noaa.gov/cameo).
- Added advanced search (more search fields, additional operators, and ability to search multiple fields)
- Added option to import MyChemicals text files
- Added datasheet view history feature
- Added support for multitasking on tablets
- Improved app menu
- Included OSHA Process Safety Management levels in regulatory section
- Updated chemical database to version 2.7.1
- Made bug fixes and interface improvements
Ratings and Reviews
I have been using this program for many years as a planning and response resource and it just keeps getting better. Having the app on my phone makes it even more convenient and useful.
It's finally here. Thanks Guys. Every now and then someone actually makes an app that is worthwhile. It will probably save lots of lives.
All of your reference guides are easily accessible from this one platform.
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- 148 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2017 National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Office of Response and Restoration
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.