Camera Suite allows you to control GoPro® Hero 2, 3, 3+, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 cameras over Wifi on a Mac. It supports audio and video live streaming, media browsing, and a powerful scripting language to control the camera.
### Note for Hero 8/9/Max: Please use the Camera Tools (https://www.toolsforgopro.com/cameratools) for these models.
- Connect GoPro® Hero 2 (with Wifi bacpac), 3, 3+, 4 (including Hero 4 Session), Hero 5, Hero 6, HERO 2018, Hero 7, Hero 8* cameras over Wifi with your Mac.
- Support for GoPro Hero 4/5/6/7 pairing.
- Control all important camera settings (including resolution, frame rate, camera mode, Protune, ...).
- Live video preview.
- Live audio and video UDP streaming server (for instance for streaming to VLC, ffmpeg, or other media players).
- View, stream, download, and delete media files directly over Wifi.
- HTTP Command server to remotely control the camera via HTTP using a simple REST API.
* Hero 8 cameras need a special connection procedure: https://www.cameraremote.de/how-to-connect-gopro-hero-8-cameras-over-wifi
+++ Live streaming tutorials +++
- How to use a GoPro as webcam (for Zoom, Skype, etc.): https://www.cameraremote.de/how-to-use-your-gopro-as-a-webcam/
- How to use your GoPro in OBS Studio: https://www.cameraremote.de/how-to-connect-to-gopro-hero-cameras-with-obs-studio/
- YouTube Live: https://www.cameraremote.de/how-to-live-stream-from-gopro-hero-cameras-to-youtube/
- Facebook Live: https://www.cameraremote.de/how-to-live-stream-from-gopro-hero-camera-to-facebook-live/
+++ Live preview with Hero 4 and 5+ cameras +++
If you cannot see the live preview then make sure that the macOS firewall does not block the UDP port 8554 (details: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201642).
More information and help: http://www.camerasuite.org
Demo video: http://youtu.be/vFqeoRbJtRI
Do you miss a feature or do you have a problem? Just contact us here: http://www.camerasuite.org/contact
+++ Disclaimer +++
This product and/or service is not affiliated with, endorsed by or in any way associated with GoPro Inc. or its products and services. GoPro, HERO and their respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of GoPro, Inc.
- Fixed problems with 17-12-2020 Hero 8 firmware.
Ratings and Reviews
Not really needed on a Mac
Don’t really need this
if you’re using a mac, this program is not needed. Simply plug in the SD chip into a SD/MMC/USB holder and insert into a USB port. Quicktime will download the files onto your mac,and you can make most minor adjustments such as horizontal or vertical flips.
Browser shows no files to download
I purchased this solely to be able to download files instead of the hassle of finding all the micro card stuff. The camera info correctly shows the number of files on the unit but the sofware shows nothing to select from in the browser window. This software does not allow therefor ANY files to be either viewed or downloaded from my Hero 3 but it will control the camera. Since the only reason I purchased the software was for file downloading via wifi and since this function does not work at all on my Hero 3 I rate it poorly.
Great App. Works Perfectly.
Great app, works as intended. Gave me the option to use my Mac instead of my iPhone. Controls are the same as GoPro’s iPhone app. I like the way it give you links to download the GoPro files directly with using your browser.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Harald Meyer
- 18.2 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires macOS 10.10 or later.
- Age Rating
- © (C) Harald Meyer 2015-2020
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.