The new Good Beer Guide mobile app has been the focus of intensive technical user experience development work to deliver a host of enhanced features.
New features accessible to all users include:
- Expanded basic search options providing listings of more pubs near you.
- Larger pub database contains enhanced listings for over 4,500 Good Beer Guide pubs and basic information on over 31,000 real ale pubs around the UK.
- Join the Good Beer Guide community with news feed and buddies social networking functions that allow you to let other users know where you are and what you are enjoying instantly.
- Share the moments with those who can't be there using integrated image capture features.
- Access even more detailed search results, including Good Beer Guide pub descriptions.
- Find over 7,000 real ales with tasting notes and information of over 1,400 UK breweries.
- Not sure what to pick at the bar, use the image capture feature to instantly search for a real ale, and then tag it for other visitors.
In-App subscribers get even more...
- Access even more detailed search results, including Good Beer Guide pub reviews.
- Open your Beer Book to find over 7,000 real ales with tasting notes and information of 1,400 UK breweries.
Our Auto-Renewable One Year Subscriptions cost £0.99 monthly, £1.99 quarterly, or just £4.99 yearly.
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
- Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
Terms and Conditions: https://gbgapp.camra.org.uk/terms
Minor bug fixes and enhancements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
App usage in central London
We used the app over a week while staying in central London. It allowed me to easily search and filter results for pubs near my location. The app has the same info as the guide, albeit with a small extra cost to turn on a subscription to get the info. I didn’t care as it gave me the info from the paper guide (which I own the current one and have owned 3 older ones) all on my iPhone!
Two issues I’ve reported to the devs:
- the feature that lets u say “I’m here” at a pub and this is what I’m drinking, didn’t work and gave an error when trying to post.
- the other is more of a convenience thing- when searching on the map in an area away from my current location, then drilling down on pubs and popping back up to the map view, resets the location to my current location. The location shouldn’t shift, IMO.
Overall a great alternative to the paper guide albeit with an extra cost for the subscription to get all the guide info. You can easily cancel once the info is not needed.
Very useful tool
Walked 1,322 miles. Lands End to John O Groats. After my map, this app was the most useful tool. Pub hours, facilities, phone numbers, all very useful to a hungry hiker.
331 pints of real and 177 pubs (most Good Beer Guide Pubs) in 85 days. Best summer of my life. Thank the beer gods for this app.
Good Pocket Guide
The CAMRA Good Beer Guide App has all the benefits of the paperback companion, but none of the heft. Also, a good guide when visiting a new town and wondering where to grab a pint.
Having functionality that lets it synch check-ins from apps like Untappd would push it to five stars.
- Campaign for Real Ale Ltd
- 86.9 MB
- Food & Drink
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2017 Campaign for Real Ale Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Good Beer Guide Full Access $0.99
- Good Beer Guide Full Access $5.49
- Good Beer Guide Full Access $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.