Measure anything with CamToPlan! Horizontally and vertically! Length, distance, area of any surface… Measure everything with this virtual ruler and tape measure thanks to augmented reality.
Measuring a length is now easier than with a laser meter or any other measure tool. You draw your measurement lines in 3D thanks to the camera directly on the video of your phone or tablet. You export your plans in PDF, PNG or DXF. CamToPlan is the AR measuring app that brings your measures from cam…to…plan !
For personal or professional use, always measure like a pro. Thanks to Virtual Reality (VR), you can measure floors, dimensions of walls, windows, doors or a whole home in a few seconds. No more tape measure or ruler needed!
This app has infinite applications for everybody:
- Personal use: the length measure app for the handyman who loves DIY !
- Real estate professionals (real estate agent, interior design decorator or designer, architect, topographer, energy adviser...): this app will help you make a floorplan of a house, apartment, a specific room of a flat.
- Construction workers can use it to quickly measure jobs : concreter, tile layer, carpet fitter, painter, drywall guy, plasterer, builder, carpenter, electrician, plumber, slater...
- For gardener, landscaper, swimming pool builders and maintenance, digger, earth-moving, navvy: this app also works outside
- Cost estimation professionals: this length measure app can make pricing estimates, it will be a great assistant for quantity surveyor, price studies technician, economist…
- Building industry: foreman, site manager or engineer can drop their tape measure and ruler to perform a quick measurement check
How does this measuring app work?
It relies on ARKit by Apple. Machine learning algorithms combine the device sensors data (accelerometer, gyroscope…) with odometry which analyses in real time the video of the camera and relies on visual details of images, in order to scan the environment and find the position and rotation angle of the device.
- you can measure in metric (meters, centimeters) or imperial units (feet, inches)
- the app measures distances horizontally (= on the ground) and vertically!
- no need to remove the furniture from the room for measurements. The application determines the intersection between the floor and the target, even if it is hidden.
- The application may have difficulty with some types of tiles.
- The accuracy is not guaranteed.
- you can move while performing measurements to get closer to your target point, for maximum precision, even if it is not visible and calculated by extrapolation.
we improved the onboarding workflow
Ratings and Reviews
Pretty darn good
Other apps I tried wouldn’t let me get a basic blueprint before they were adding furniture and stuff whil was unable to get the basic floor plan.
I had one chance to map the house we’re buying before we move next month. I walked around and mapped it out quickly then was able to adjust it later. It does the basic job which is what I wanted first. That’s all this program does and does it easily and well. Just what I wanted.
I purchased this app based on the apps video which shows it measuring curved rope laying on a floor along with other items nearby. Based on this, I thought it would be handy for getting rough measurements for random objects anywhere. This is what the app description leads you to believe you can do.
What they don’t tell you is that the app requires you to locate all four corners of a room with the camera to establish boundaries before it will measure anything! If you have to many items in the room it can’t detect all the corners and won’t go past that.
No room means no measuring anything inside or out.
I contacted the developer and asked for a refund but was told the next update would solve the problem but it was no better. Still no refund! This app should have a free Trial option before wasting your money but it does not! I deleted the app as it proved useless for me.
Developer Response ,
Dear WTRskier, thanks for your feedback. Please notice you don't have to locate the four corners of the room if you want to measure something inside the room (like a curved rope). The app only needs to detect the floor. Besides, if you want to measure a wall, a window or a door, then you will also have to draw a line below that wall so that the app understands what is the vertical plan where you want to take measurements. Regards,
Good app but export not AI compatible
I find the app itself to function well in terms of collecting floor plan data quickly, but need to move the data into a more sophisticated desktop drawing tool such as Adobe Illustrator. I thought the DXF export format would be the key but it is not. I found documentation online that Adobe Illustrator will not import DXF produced by AutoCad released after Feb 15, 2007. If your app is using DXF format based on later releases it will not work. Tried a DXF to AI converter plugin but did not work. Still seeking a solution but wanted to let you know this apparent limitation. Please advise if you know of another solution. Perhaps you can create another DXF export option specifically for Adobe Illustrator compatibility.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Tasmanic Editions
- 11.7 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2017 Tasmanic Editions
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.