This is a secure and convenient way of generating OTP especially for NRI customers and frequent travellers.Please follow these simple registration steps to register for Canara OTP by login into Canara Bank internet banking.
Login to your Internet Banking, go to Funds Transfer tab, and click on ‘OFFLINE OTP’ section. Select Register/ De-register option. Click on Register -> Confirm. Your 10-character Activation Code which has to be entered in the Canara OTP app will be shown on the internet banking screen.
Enter the details asked and set your new 5-digit Passcode to complete the one-time registration for the App.
Done !, as simple as that.
> Canara OTP app works without Mobile Network and generates the OTP offline.
> Do your internet banking transactions while you are travelling or out of mobile network coverage area since OTP can be generated offline.
- You will receive an SMS OTP for registering or de-registering the Offline OTP feature and internet connectivity is required for registration and de-registration.
- Please complete the activation of this application before you travel to a location where your registered mobile number will not be active.
- In case of any issue in using the OTP generated using this app, you can easily switch to SMS OTP by clicking the “Send me an SMS OTP ” option in the internet banking screen.
- Offline OTP facility will be only available for post login transactions, (not available for forgot user id, forgot password etc.,)
- If you wish to de-register this facility, you can click on the de-register option provided on the login/passcode entry screen of the mobile app. The device has to be online for completion of the de-activation.
- Alternatively, if internet connectivity is unavailable, you can de-register from Internet Banking also. Login to Internet Banking and go to " Funds Transfer>> Offline OTP " and deregister Offline OTP for receiving SMS OTP.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.