Looking for a better border experience? Download the eDeclaration mobile app to save time upon arrival in Canada. Using eDeclaration is quick, simple and secure.
How to use it:
- Create and store traveller profiles
- Prepare your declaration in advance and generate a quick response (QR) code
- Upon arrival, immediately scan your QR code at a Primary Inspection Kiosk. Do not select a language. For easy QR code scanning, follow the on-screen instructions on the kiosk.
Where to use it:
- eDeclaration can only be used at Canadian airports where Primary Inspection Kiosks are available.
- eDeclaration is now available for use at:
- Calgary International Airport (YYC)
- Winnipeg Richardson International Airport (YWG)
- Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport (YTZ)
- Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport (YQB)
- Montreal-Trudeau International Airport (YUL)
- Halifax Stanfield International Airport (YHZ)
- Edmonton International Airport (YEG)
- Terminal 3 – Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ)
- Vancouver International Airport (YVR)
- Ottawa International Airport (YOW)
- As new airports are added we’ll update the app.
Who can use it:
- Most travellers arriving in Canada by air, including returning residents and all foreign nationals visiting Canada.
- Ineligible travellers include unaccompanied minors and travellers with non-machine readable travel documents.
- NEXUS members should continue to use dedicated NEXUS kiosks for expedited processing or can opt to use a passport for regular processing at a Primary Inspection Kiosk.
- Foreign representatives (diplomats) and their families should continue to use the special services counter for in-person processing.
Your feedback on our mobile application will help us improve future releases. Send us your compliments, comments or complaints or take a few minutes to rate or review this app. Please include as much information as possible to help us better understand the nature of your feedback, such as
arrival airport, mobile device you used (type of device, version, operating system), etc.
We heard your feedback:
Regarding difficulties in scanning the QR code, we are working on further improving QR Code scanning. Make sure you select your correct arrival airport when preparing your declaration on the app.
eDeclaration is part of the CanBorder series of official mobile apps published by the Canada Border Services Agency. For more information visit our website.
May 22, 2019
- New airport added: Calgary (YYC)
- Complete list of participating airports is available in the description of the mobile application
Ratings and Reviews
Needs to be fixed
I wonder whether the developer reads reviews! All their apps need to be updated to fit iPhone Xs Max screen size.
Major bug fixed!
Most of the reviews on here give a low rating because of a bug that prevented them from entering their country of residence. That clearly has been fixed as I used it with no problem. Figured somebody should point this out to ensure people don’t bypass this app for incorrect or outdated review information. (Side note - Apple should really eliminate reviews that are no longer pertinent. )
So far the app works totally fine.
Can’t choose a place of residence outside Canada.
The app has a bug. When setting up the traveler profile, it does not allow you to select a place outside of Canada as your place of residence. The names of other countries appear for about 1/2 second, but then it switches to a list that only show the Canadian provinces an territories. This is no good for anybody who lives outside Canada.
This happens regardless of whether you list yourself as being a Canadian citizen/Permanent Resident or not.
This bug needs to be fixed.
- Canada Border Services Agency
- 41.8 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Her Majesty the Queen in Right of Canada | Sa Majesté la Reine du chef du Canada
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.