Play as Molli Pop as you fend off hordes of adorable ghosts in a twisted mansion forever haunted by the Phantom King! Power-up Molli with new flashlights and abilities as you level up - and team up with ghostly pups and other spectral creatures as you work together to clear the mansion of its sugar-craved evil!
- Vaporize ghosts with a wide array of different, upgradeable flashlights; from cursed lanterns to magical beam swords, each flashlight provides a different way to play!
- Need an edge to help overcome a difficult stage? Players can equip Charms to their flashlights, enhancing Molli with a multitude of different abilities and power-ups! Some charms even provide Molli with companions to aid her on her ghost-stomping adventure!
- Upon completing a stage, players can choose from a randomized set of candies and curses that will provide permanent power bonuses for the remainder of that run. Will you restore all of your hearts hoping to last longer before an untimely demise? Or will you sacrifice defense for ultimate power? The choice is yours!
- Visit 6 different regions of the Phantom King's mansion, each teeming with a variety of dangerous ghosts and ghouls. And be prepared to face-off against a mighty boss at the end of each stage!
- Participate in Daily Challenges that offer various rewards!
- Enjoy beautiful, hand-crafted pixel art with fluid animation that oozes ghostly charm
Controls: Control Molli by swiping the screen. Molli runs in one direction automatically, and swiping left or right makes her change direction. Swiping up or down will make her jump between floors. Certain flashlights you can use offer slightly different control schemes.
Twitter: @takoboystudios, @CM_Games
RELEASE NOTES (184.108.40.206)
* NEW ROOM SAVING SYSTEM! We know many players have been waiting for this! Well now it’s here.
* Here’s what to expect from the room saving system: If you close the app at any point during a room the app will load up back at the start of the room with everything you had previously. Destroying a boss will automatically leave you at the start of the treasure room. No more losing progress because you can’t complete a run in one sitting!
* Blast Worm: Changed his boss behaviour to better reflect how bosses behave in CnC. (check him out!)
* Phantom Worm: Changed his boss behaviour to better reflect how bosses behave in CnC. (check him out!)
* Loading changes, may help some players with memory crash issues on startup.
* Level Up Present Reward: Now the text will dynamically scale for longer charm descriptions.
* Molli Collected Charm Item: Now doesn’t flip if molli is flipped.
* Ectoplasm Currency Exchange Popup: Bunbers shop now has a button to exchange souls for ectoplasm.
* Torchfly lantern: Torchflies charging are more obvious.
* Torchfly Lantern: fixed a bug that would have the lantern fire from the same orb when your shot count is 2 (max upgrade).
* Maltose Machine: Fixed a bug that caused the dialogue box to stay up.
* Maltose Machine: Fixed a bug that caused the game to softlock when gaining 3 rewards.
* Launch Sale Popup: Fixed a bug that caused the launch sale rewards popup to stay up after purchase.
* Fixed a bug that caused a previously talked to NPC to not interact anymore if Bunber shows up from the Maltose Machine.
* Icy Feet Curse: Fixed a bug that caused the Icy Feet slippery movement to be disabled when entering CC mode from normal mode.
* Bookworm Skull Lasers: Fixed a bug that caused them to not deal damage to Molli.
* Bomber Slime: Fixed a bug that caused them not to deal damage to Molli on explosion.
* Blast Wraiths: Fixed a bug that caused them not to deal damage to Molli on explosion.
* Poison Water (Dinette of Doom): Fixed a bug that allowed Molli to run in the water without taking damage.
* King’s Beacon: Fixed a bug that allowed players to spawn and endless amount of Bubblegum Wraiths.
* Charms: Fixed hidden description for Lilypad charm and Inventors charm.
* Heart Points + CP: For some early users, their heart points and CP weren’t correctly calculated due to changing level up rewards. This has been fixed and you will be automatically put at 48 HP with 11 CP if over level 40.
* Pyro Jack: Fixed a bug that caused Jacks head to appear at the top of the screen on death instead of his full body.
* Fixed a bug that caused Jacks head to be shown during an absorption animation.
* Fixed a bug that caused the pre-boss music to still play even if sounds/music were off.
* Fixed a bug that caused all music to start playing where they left off playing.
* Fixed a bug that caused the fire spirit to sometimes get “stuck” when reviving.
* Other small bug fixes and improvements.
* JOURNAL UPDATE: Here’s what to expect from the all new journal coming to Candies n Curses very soon~
* Bestiary: Look up all your favorite ghosts and bosses and their names as you discover them in the mansion! We’ve written fun descriptions about each one!
* Item Log: Want to know more about your favorite candies, curses, charms and flashlights? The item log will give lots of details on those!
* Achievements: Now achievements will be hosted directly within the app, you’ll also be rewarded very well for completing them!
* Side-Tasks: Check out Hector and Paige’s side mission details so you can keep track of them!
* Leaderboards! Speed running rejoice! Leaderboards will be hosted directly within the app now, be prepared for cross platform bouts! Will you be #1?
Join our fantastic community of cnc players from around the world!
Ratings and Reviews
A “Treat” of a Game
One time I was playing this game and a mother asked me if she should buy it for her very young daughter. The only reason I told her not to do it was because it was too complicated for a 4 year old (also little kids can be traumatized by anything). I do believe this is an amazing. The pixel art is fantastic and the gameplay is well made. While playing the game, I have only run into two problems. First, when I first saw the opening cutscene, I noticed it ran on its own so I let it roll on. My phone fell asleep halfway through the cutscene. I’m unsure if you can control that but it would be nice anyway. The second problem - and the more important one - is when you gain a heart or soul heart right as you take a hit that kills Molli. What will happen is the death animation plays, but it doesn’t take you out of the game. In fact, you can still move Molli around in her one-sprite form all you want, since the game thinks you’re dead nothing harms you. The problem is that the game will never truly register an outcome, for it thinks the character is both dead and alive. The only way to escape is to exit to main menu, getting rid of any experience the run gave. I have had this happen to me at least twice and it has frustrated me all the same. If this could be fixed, I would greatly approve
Really entertaining and challenging but.....
This enticing and challenging game has had me playing it over hours and hours. The story has a quirky and define shape throughout the game. I enjoy the animation and general aesthetic that emanates from the art style and gameplay. The games levels of difficulty inspire me to work harder to get more upgrades and get better weaponry. The extra quests and interaction between characters add to the depth. But one thing kind of bums me out was the expectation that there will be more modes and levels to fuel my love for this but it ended so prematurely and how it was kind of short sparked a kind of sadness that I wanted to try to resolve because this game seems simple but I enjoyed it and I would love there to be more for me and others. I highly recommend this game among a lot of games on my phone.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your kind words, we are working hard to update the game and there will be more modes in the future :)
Reeeeallly gooodd :)
Love this game, my friends saw me playing it on the bus, and now they love this game, too. I'd say my mare gets issue with the game is bugs but most of them were fixed in this latest update. Although I do have a few suggestions (I don't know where to leave them so I guess i'll just leave them in this review)
-buff curses, I often have no reason to pick any of them up, simply because there'll be candies that are literally just better in every way
(especially the undead curse, because if you have enough hearts, it puts you in a WORSE position)
-add a way to track NPC quests
-add some way so you can find out which enemies are which! I often find myself with a quest that requires me to kill a number of some type of enemy, yet I never have an idea which enemy it is.
- Crescent Moon Games LLC
- 146.4 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Tako Boy Studios
- In-App Purchases
- Launch Sale - Ads Free Pack $9.99
- Teeny Soul Bag $1.99
- Souls Doubler $4.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.