***FOR A LIMITED TIME SAVE 50% - ONLY $19.99**
Tasty graphic design and illustration for any professional or beginner!
Candy Apple is a fun way to easily design creative artwork and illustrations, and quickly enhance photos and add effects like a pro. Take a bite and treat yourself to a full featured vector drawing application packed with professional tools and dynamic effects that will make every design a polished work of art.
• Support for SVG format
• Full vector support
• Enhance pictures and add effects
• Draw illustrations and graphics
• Draw Rectangle, Oval, Round Rectangle, Round End Rectangle,
Line, Polygon, Path, Freehand, Ring, Speech Balloon, and Arc
• Use what you create royalty free
• Convert text to a shape or path
• Adjust freehand drawing to create smooth looking paths
• Vectorize images to turn any photo into an editable graphic
• Add strokes (regular, arrowed, rough, zig-zag)
• Add fills (solid, gradient, pattern, zig-zag, hatch)
• Add text on a path
• Add an image to text
• Create circular and wavy text
• Blend and mask effects
• Over 130 filters and effects
• Full layer support
• Boolean operation support to combine shapes
• Easily align multiple items on your canvas
• Rulers and guides make it easy to place items in the right location
• Snap to grid, snap to guides, or snap to other objects
• Zoom in or out to get every detail pixel perfect
• Export in fully editable SVG or vector PDF format
• Import SVG graphics and edit their vector paths
• Export as an image (JPEG, TIFF, PNG, BMP, GIF)
• Supports transparent backgrounds (PNG and GIF)
• Extensive help file explains Candy Apple's tools in detail
• And more!
* Improved SVG support.
* Minor UI and bug fixes for newer operating systems.
Ratings and Reviews
Worst App I’ve Ever Purchased
This application is unusable, simple as that. It’s very difficult to use, you feel like you’re fighting the software. The snap feature won’t actually let you snap an object to the edge of your document, it snaps it off the edge. The grid is very confusing, and I couldn’t manage to change it to solve the snapping problem. If you try to reorder layers in the layers panel and drop a layer between two others rather than dropping it on top of another layer, the entire layers panel freezes in a bad state and you can no longer move any layers.
After trying to work with the app for about 30 minutes, the app crashed and my file was left in a corrupted, un-openable state.
I’m going to pursue getting my $30 back, this is ridiculous.
Ok, but not better than others
It became apparent rather quickly that Candy Apple was not on par with other vector drawing programs, particularly Graphic (formerly iDraw), and certainly not with Affinity Designer.
It was mostly in smaller details. Two examples: you can make a Group, but you can’t go in and edit the group. In creating or editing a linear gradient color, there was no obvious way to add a stop. I did figure out that it took a right click, but this is not documented. I’ve been a Mac user since 1984, and not a PC guy, so I don’t tend to think about trying right-click. Relying on right-click is not a good idea, in my opinion.
Give them credit for having a user manual. Most products don’t even have that these days.
Here’s to the future
I’ve been playing with this vector app for about an hour. Granted, I don’t know the ins and outs of the app, and it’s fairly new. So keep that in mind as I write this review.
As a user previous pointed out, the panels reset themselves when you reopen the app. That’s not too much of a biggie. It seems when changing the page setup (Letter, Legal, etc) it doesn’t actually function? You need to go to View > Drawing size & Grid, so not sure what’s up with that.
I’d like to see a couple of things in the near future: Grouping of objects, perhaps a snap-mouse-to-nodes / points feature. I’m not sure if there is but I didn’t find a smoothing slider for the drawings. I’d also like it if the tools didn’t deselect after a single use, I find myself having to return to the tools over and over again. I also couldn’t figure out if I could subtract shapes / cut them out of overlapped shapes etc.
Anyway, for $15 it’s okay. I’m giving it four stars because I’d like to see where it progresses. Currently using iDraw and exasperated at the rate they’re updating their software.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- 128bit Technologies LLC
- 4.4 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires macOS 10.7 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 128bit Technologies LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.