Animate allows you to create professional quality 2D animations on the iPad and Mac. Enjoy creating animations on the go with iPadOS, or sit down with a powerful desktop computer with MacOS. Features of Animate include:
- Animate uses the custom-built Canvas5 drawing engine for rendering drawings.
- Make selections, draw with different tools, and import images.
- Draw with a set of default brushes or craft your own using brush dynamics.
- Familiar design to many professional animation apps, which makes the learning curve extremely low.
- Scrub through your animation by sliding your finger across the top of the timeline!
- Break up your animation into layers and scenes for better organization.
- Keep a global collection of commonly used drawings for use in different projects.
- Create symbols using the selection tool.
- Useful for things like lip synching or character designs.
- Import audio files into your projects and import them into keyframes.
- Create new projects using the ".animatedoc" file format to quickly load and save animations.
- Export to .mov, .mp4, and .animatedoc files into your photo library or the Files app.
Each app in the Canvas Software line is still in its early stages, so be sure to leave a review to let me know what needs to be improved and what kinds of new features should be added.
Update the app icon so it is rounded
Ratings and Reviews
Solid, but missing some features
downloaded this because other animation apps weren’t doing it and this had keyframing without IAPs which was already a step up, but there’s some issues that keep this app from being more usable.
there’s no way to drag newly added frames between previously added frames, and when i changed the keyframe duration it covered the frame before it, essentially erasing it. The lack of onion skin customization is also somewhat annoying, as i’d like to see more than just the previous and next 2 frames. overall, it’s a good app but still missing some features.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the suggestion. There are a lot of features that I want to add, and of course a lot that can be improved on. I like the idea of being able to drag to move frames so I will look into that. As for the onion skin, you can change the number of previous and next frames to view by clicking the gear icon in the top left corner. Hope that helps!
It’s great! Just a few things, though..
I love this app. It has so much potential, and I love how many things are available to us, as opposed to other animation apps.
However, sometimes the app will freeze and exit me out, making me lose some of my work. Most of the time it happens when I use the fill command. When I try and zoom in on something the app kind of bugs out and will zoom in too close or zoom out, or flip the canvas. Occasionally with the brushes, the line will break up as you draw it.
Overall, though, I think it’s a great app. The developer did a wonderful job, and I’m glad I found such a good animation app.
The set up for the animation, like adding frames and layers, is above average compared to other apps. Even though it is a little hands on and not automatic, which I kind of like. My main problems are; the lack of styles for the brush, and how the eraser works. edit: please allow for the import of videos, or at least to import audio from videos. I am happy that I figured out how to fix the spikey problem though :).
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Adeola Uthman
- 8.6 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires iPadOS 14.2 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Adeola Uthman 2020
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.