Canvas Student 4+
Access your Canvas courses on the go and in the classroom with the Canvas Student mobile app! From any device, students can now:
• View grades and course content
• Submit assignments
• Keep track of course work with to do list and calendar
• Send and receive messages
• Post to discussions
• Watch videos
• Take quizzes
• Receive push notifications for new grades and course updates, and much more!
- Dashboard is now full screen on iPads and larger iPhones in landscape mode.
- Fixed an issue where image upload was not possible on Pages.
- Fixed an issue where adding a link to a text in an Assignment, Quiz, Page, or Discussion description will remove any previously added text.
- Fixed an issue where Discussion reply text disappears from RCE when a smart keyboard is disconnected.
- Fixed discussion reply text being cut off.
- Fixed an error dialog being shown on app start for institutions where no push notifications are configured.
- Fixed some math equations not rendered correctly in quizzes.
- Fixed external urls not opening 3rd party apps but displaying the url's content in a dialog.
- Fixed text entry submission views can be dismissed with tap out or swipe down gestures.
- Fixed the Course color contrast ratio on the Calendar screen.
- Fixed some embedded LTI tools not opening.
- Fixed locked mastery path item displaying an empty screen when tapped.
Ratings and Reviews
The many benefits
I love the app, helps me find assignments quick has a tab for me to check my grades and to check if the teacher put any announcements if their is a substitute. This app has helped me better my education and when I graduate hopefully help me through college. The app has many benefits and not gonna lie almost a better platform than Google Classroom, it was great to keep in touch with my classmates but not to keep organized. Google Classroom just listed assignments by date not category, with Canvas it has modules when the teacher say what unit subject we are on it help my whole class find the assignment in less than a second. I approve this app and suggest that all schools use it, and for those who has a kid with a personal computer for their homework I suggest you sign your kid up you will see a great improvement in their grades if they struggle and helps with the syllabus if the parent has the app so they can check their child’s grades and they can help the child through the course and help study. I am rating this app as a freshman in high school and I promise it makes such a great learning experience and makes school a lot easier. I rate this app a million out of ten.
Lack of Safari support
My child was having problem with jpg loading on his school pages. At first, the jpg pictures were just more for the improvement of the site aesthetic so we didn’t bother. Then one day there is an image on his quiz that he was suppose to analyze and answer. He CAN’T see the image. The image won’t download. It was a timed quiz and he wasn’t able to get the teacher to email him the image on such a short notice. I reported the problem to Canvas and then started googling the issues online. It turned out that this is a known issue for YEARS. I am in disbelief that this has not/cannot be fixed. Safari is not a no name niche browser. It shocks me that Canvas, also not a no name small educational platform, has no solution to this. After several days, I got a respond from Canvas, actually the online school IT, to say just use Chrome. Really?!?! We use Safari because of Screentime parental control. I DON’T want to use Chrome. I didn’t use Chrome on the my computer (without any monitoring filter) and the jpg still didn’t load in all instances. Canvas, get it together and work out the issue with Safari! We used Schoology all last year and had ZERO issues. This is totally unacceptable for such a popular platform. As a user, there is no customer support to speak of. No way to contact them except to fill out a form. I wouldn’t use this platform if I am the school admin making a decision on what technology to use.
Pretty great, but would love some improvements!
Edit: Would it be possible to only receive notifications for replies to my own discussion post and not all discussion posts?
I like the app in general. It sure is handy. I don’t like that the To Do tab only shows a limited amount of tasks and that you can add or view To Do tasks that were added by oneself. You can view the To Dos you added using the desktop website in the Calendar tab in iPad and iPhone, but you cannot add, edit or delete them. I really wish the To Do tab was more useful in the iPad and iPhone apps. Another thing I noticed is that when a particular course imports quizzes from an external application like Cengage Mindtap, it does not mark the assignment as completed in the To Do list. It has to be checked off manually. I wish the To Do list (or List View in the Dashboard tab on desktop) were enhanced as having a comprehensive and editable list of To Do’s is very useful for students to track their assignments. I also noticed that the Inbox feature in the mobile app versions lack a couple capabilities that at least exist in the desktop version. For example, members of a group message can view who is in the message thread while on desktop. But in the mobile apps, you would only see the addressees by clicking reply all.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Other Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Instructure, Inc.
- 118.3 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Haitian, Icelandic, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Maori, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Vietnamese, Welsh
- Age Rating
- © Instructure