Time is a teacher’s most valuable resource. Save time and use Canvas more efficiently from your mobile device with Canvas Teacher.
Canvas Teacher allows teachers to facilitate their courses on the go, both inside and outside the classroom. This app provides quick access to three of the most frequent course facilitation tasks for teachers:
• GRADING: Browse submissions and provide feedback to your students with a new and improved mobile SpeedGrader embedded in this app.
• COMMUNICATING: Send announcements and messages (including "Message Students Who..."), and participate in course discussions from the palm of your hand.
• UPDATING: Need to change a due date? Or publish an assignment? Or fix a misspelling? Canvas Teacher allows you to update your course content.
Canvas Teacher is the perfect mobile Canvas companion for course facilitation!
- Fixed an issue with group submissions in SpeedGrader
- Fixed a crash that would sometimes occur when changing annotation colors on iPad
- Fixed an issue with modules containing more than 100 items
- Fixed an issue with muting labels on the submission list
- Fixed branding colors in Attendance
- Updated the order of course announcements
- Other bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Crashes with IOS 13
UPDATED REVIEW: Canvas has fixed the problem and the Canvas Teacher’s app works wonderfully. As before iPadOS 13, it is easy to use to grade student essays or contact students. With this fix, I now give it a five-star review. It took a while, but... Well done, Canvas!!!
UPDATED REVIEW: I have spoken to several Canvas people and have been told Canvas is aware of the app crashing with iOS 13 or iPadOS 13 and they are working on an updated version of the app. I was told by one of their L2 engineers that he could not give me a date for when the new app version will be released. Until it is released, my one-star review must stand. (Why is it taking Canvas so long to fix this problem?)
PREVIOUS REVIEW:This was a great app until IOS 13. Since then, I cannot leave a comment within a highlighted section of text for a student paper because the app crashes —every time. My problem was reported to Canvas, and I get responses from their support staff as though they do not know what is going on. So I will tell Canvas what is going on: Your Teacher App is creasing after IOS 13 came out. Not that hard to understand (Canvas support people actually asked me for my “crash logs” from my iPad). Please fix this! If Canvas cannot fix this, the app is worthless and teachers would be better off going back to the desktop version. What a shame.
Really Good, and Getting Better
The Canvas Teacher app is a must-have tool for instructors and schools utilizing Canvas CMS. I encourage all my students to use the Canvas Student app to conveniently receive notifications, check grades, and communicate with Inbox.
I’ve done surveys showing 75% of my students use their smartphones for accessing Canvas, and this is the best tool to encourage more effective interaction with the student.
Canvas Instructor keeps getting better. There have been glitches, and confusing menu structures, or tools not available as they are of the web portal, but they keep improving it, so I feel confident in using it in the future and recommending it now. Tech support is fantastic.
Solid, but lacks basic features.
Overall, this is a solid app. However, it seems the developers did not take into account that we use this app to check-in on our courses while we’re on the go. We do not use it to facilitate our courses. Accessing your course through a mobile browser may be a better option depending upon what you’re trying to do.
- There is no ability to mark a message or discussion post as unread in the app. Once you open or view it, it cannot be marked as unread. If I don’t plan on responding at that very moment, I have to make a separate reminder to check it when I return to the desktop. I’ve basically stopped accessing messages and discussions through the app for this very reason. (In most cases, I’m not going to respond as soon as a student messages me, but I do want to read their message. Marking it as unread allows me to see the notification on the desktop where I prefer to respond.)
- The actual text from sent and received messages cannot be copied. Not being able to copy a portion of a previous message I have sent is frustrating. I frequently send the same explanations for assignments, etc. Having the ability to copy a portion of a message for another email - when I’m on the go - seems like an oversight on the developers’ behalf.
- To be continued...
- Instructure, Inc.
- 112.9 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Haitian, Japanese, Maori, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Welsh
- Age Rating
- © Instructure
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.