Capital Area District Libraries puts the library in your pocket.
• Search our catalog and place holds as soon as you hear that recommendation or spot your next read.
• Keep tabs on your account—renew your items and manage holds on the go. Stop typing your card number over and over!
• A digital library card, always as close as your phone.
• Explore the huge and growing collection of digital content CADL provides 24/7, no late fees! eBooks, streaming movies and music, digital magazines and comics, and premium subscription resources for lifelong learning
• Connect with us—one touch calling, contact forms, social media, branch information
• Find out what’s happening at your branch—event information at your fingertips
• A special section for Kids & Parents—raise a reader!
Serving the Ingham county communities of Lansing, Haslett, Okemos, Holt, Aurelius, Mason, Dansville, Williamston, Webberville, Stockbridge, and Leslie.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This app is very intelligently designed. It is one of the most logical apps I have ever used.
I agree with previous reviewers that the digital book checkout process is cumbersome. But other than that, this app makes it SUPER easy to search for a book (or other media) and place a hold. I've been using the library a lot more since I downloaded the app. The digital library card is also very convenient; I don't have to carry my physical card anymore.
Great ...when it works
I love the ability to check my account, take care of fines. I really love the access it gives to an online library of children's books and other media publications and audio books. But, this app often freezes, and then you can do nothing. Also, the way you access digital books and other assets is via links to other aps, like Overdrive, and frankly on my phone, it is really hard to navigate. It's not as easy as kindle Unlimited, for example, to search and download titles. I hope the bugs get worked out because this is a great mobile tool to enjoy being a local library card holder!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.