Capital Public Radio App:
The Capital Public Radio App allows you to listen to Capital Public Radio live, pause and rewind the live audio, and view the program schedule for all the Capital Public Radio streams at once! You can explore On Demand content, search for stories, bookmark a story for later, and wake up to Capital Public Radio with the alarm clock!
• DVR-like controls (pause, rewind, and fast forward). You can pause the live stream to have a conversation and pick up right where you left off! Or rewind to catch a comment you just missed!
• Listen to live streams from Capital Public Radio even while traveling! Start the app and your favorite station starts playing – no clicks to start listening.
• Integrated program schedules for every station. You can display up to three of your favorites at a time or flick once to see the schedules for all of your favorite stations.
• One click stream switching – flip over to the program you noticed on another stream with a single click.
• Listen to Capital Public Radio in the background while browsing the web or catching up on your emails!
• Access public radio programs from multiple content providers (NPR, PRI, APM and Capital Public Radio) easily and quickly.
• DVR-like controls. Pause, rewind and fast forward your program with ease.
• When listening to national programs, individual story segments (when available) are listed so you can review and choose one or listen to the entire program.
• Easy to access past programs.
• The Capital Public Radio App displays the web page associated with the program or story segment you are listening to On Demand so you can explore for more information.
• Save what you were listening to (Live or On Demand) so you can replay, follow-up, or share it later by simply clicking “Bookmark”.
• Compatible with the popular Radio Bookmark device (www.radiobookmark.com).
• The unique “Search Public Radio” feature finds stories or programs across hundreds of stations and web pages and makes it easy to play instantly.
• Easily share stories and programs with family and friends via the “Share” button.
• A built in Sleep Timer and Alarm Clock allows you to go to sleep and wake up to your favorite station.
The Capital Public Radio App is brought to you by the people at Capital Public Radio and Public Media Apps. We work to provide our valued listeners with great solutions to find what you want, when you want it, and where you want it.
Please support Capital Public Radio by becoming a member today!
Improvements based on user feedback
Ratings and Reviews
Pause live radio!
The best feature is being able to pause. So many times I’ve missed a key point because I had to step away. No longer. Simply pause and restart after a bathroom break or grabbing something out of earshot.
I love selecting individual stories and sharing them with friends or family. The app makes it easy.
Invaluable, but ...
Everything you’ll want from Capital Public Radio is here, but finding things can sometimes be a challenge. The locations of listings for programs, playlists, and other features seem to move around, and occasionally can’t be found. The music streams provided are not exactly the same as what’s being broadcast, but still gives 24 hours of classical or jazz. Has occasional technical glitches - today while I was playing the classical music program Connections, something caused the play/pause button to freeze, and the sound to go off although according to the screen the program was still playing. May have been due to some combination of the end of the program, my iPhone locking itself, playing while on the Qi charger, and the dual control provided by the linked Apple Watch. Apps for other stations weren’t affected. Had to learn the new iPhone XR gesture to get to the App Switcher (itself an adventure) to close the app and reopen to get it to resume playing. All in all, though, still worth having.
Good way to hear news/music
This has worked well for me to hear the news away from the radio, and the music stations offered as streams. Interface is simple, although a bit cluttered. Would like a list mode for stories where the pictures could be made smaller or have no pictures so you could see more headlines without as much scrolling. Also the player controls at the bottom of the app are large. It would be nice to be able to shrink these down as well.
- Capital Public Radio
- 66.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011 Sky Blue Technologies Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.