Do you accidentally press the Caps Lock key all the time? If so, the Capster is exactly what you need. This easy to use application will tell you when you pressed the Caps Lock, either on its own or through Growl.
When you press the Caps Lock key, Capster's menu bar icon will change as well. For touch typists this is a great way to keep your focus on the screen.
- Capster now includes updated artwork.
- Capster can now make a sound when you press the Caps Lock key.
- You can now get notifications for the Function (FN) key.
- You can now get notifications for the Num Lock key.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Works and is helpful, could use more features
Thanks for this app!
1. I'd like to be able to control how long the "off" notification is up, or if it even shows (I don't think it's even needed)
2. option for colored icons - when capslock is pressed maybe have an option for a super bright red icon - or maybe even blinking
3. if we can detect when the key is pressed - is it even possible to disable it or to remap it to another key? Maybe tab or regular shift key? Or maybe have it do nothing at all (I'd be happy with that - the ONLY time I hit this key is by accident). I know you can turn it off in the system preferences but this doesn't work for all keyboards, for example I'm using a Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 keyboard, and I can't turn it off - believe me I've tried (if you know how and tell me, we're BFFs ;-) . Btw, I'm also a developer so I understand that observing the keyboard is a lot easier than changing the behavior of the keyboard.
Just the thing for the Logitech K750 solar keyboard
I swapped out the wired Apple keyboard that came with my iMac for a Logitech K750 solar-powered wireless keyboard. Great keyboard but it has one glaring flaw: NO CAPS LOCK INDICATOR. The lack of a CAPS indicator is probably necessary to save power (e.g., the battery-charge status light only flashes once when you press its button). Capster solves this problem very well - the menubar icon does the trick. The colored-icon option didn’t show the difference clearly enough - needs a more visible change (like size or shape) in addition to color, so I went back to the black icon. Some kind of flashing option for the icon would be nice, too. Worthwhile purchase.
Does the job
It's shameless that Logitech would deliver a keyboard that had no CAPS LOCK indicator of any sort. It's rediculous that I had to even seek this out (that said, I like the hardware). It's $.99 and while it doesn't have an audible cue baked into it's preferences (yeah, I'm not a Growl user) it does give an on-screen warning so that's just fine with me. Performs a function that should have been included by Logitech.
- The Growl Project, LLC
- 936.8 KB
OS X 10.6 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- © 2011 The Growl Project, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.