Transform your pictures into authentic looking comics! Add word balloons, captions, stickers, and filters to turn even the most mundane photo into a hilarious / clever / cute creation! Take advantage of an intuitive, step wise user interface to make professional style comics within minutes! All of the above and more is possible with Comic Caption Creator, a comic creation app which is able to stand above the competition due to its unique features which include:
• A licensed, authentic comic book look
• 11 different types of words balloons
• 65 unique comic book fonts
• Over 1,000 stickers (many of which change color)
• Over 30 dynamic, comic looking filters
• A step wise, intuitive user interface
• A comic book look based on the stylings of professional comic book letterers John Roshell and Richard Starkings. Expensive licensing was obtained to ensure that all word balloons, fonts, and effects added up to produce a look which resembled the comic book lettering from major publishers such as Marvel, DC, Dark Horse, etc.
• 11 different types of words balloons. Insert a shout balloon to convey deep seeded rage, a thought balloon to express innermost contemplation, or a caption to narrate the happenings in your photo. Resize or rotate your balloon, or change the color of its background, border, or text.
• 65 unique comic book fonts. Caption your photos with the same authentic, professional comic style lettering featured on the pages of Batman and other major comic book titles. The wide variety of unique type faces featured within the app allow you to express a full range of emotions when creating your masterpiece.
• Over 1,000 stickers, many of which change color. Add a cat sticker to your photo and change the color of its fur, eyes, nose, or, ears. Sticker categories include: animals, bugs, cars, characters, dinosaurs, effects, fishes, food, glasses, hats, masks, memes, monsters, mustaches, rages, sounds. and weapons.
• Over 30 dynamic, comic looking filters to add to your photos. Apply one of the many filters in Comic Caption Creator to transform your photo into a cartoon, sketch, painting, or poster.
• A step wise, intuitive user interface that allows for the creation of comics within minutes and is fully supported with instructional alerts that appear throughout the app as well as a full set of help documents accessible from any screen.
“This app's design is very user friendly. Anyone can create an amusing comic in minutes using this app's functionality and great features.” - Apps Happens
“This is another one of those apps where reviewing it takes four times as long as it should because I end up getting sucked in and wind up playing with it for ages! Comic Caption Creator Lite is incredibly easy to use and is definitely capable of producing some fantastic results.” - App Picker
Comic Caption Creator was created by Push the Edge LLC. The graphic design was done by Nevertheless (http://nevertheless.com.au). The comic font, balloon shapes, and effects were provided by Comicraft (http://www.comicraft.com).
• Various bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I like it . It's convenient and fast in my iPad. Not expecting profesional results ( go buy a $400 photoshop program for that ) . What do you expect for $4 ?
It's fun for making my silly comics on the go ,and is the best app I found for this .
More filters and special effects would be nice though . Night vision would be great ( hope you guys are listening ) , rain, snow etc...
Overall , I give it a 9 . Easy , relativity fast and FUN, and that's what is supposed to be . Want to create a twenty page comic strip buy a computer . And a $ 400 photoshop program , and then learn how to use it lol
Developer Response ,
Thank you Rambito! Will add night mode (as well as your other suggestions) on my list of things to do.
Don’t trust the cheap people!!!
Easy and fun to use! The free version allows you to create a one word bubble which is cool for adding an exclamation. It doesn’t add crazy watermarks and didn’t try and force me to upgrade every two seconds. Spending the $3.99 to unlock the rest was BEYOND WORTH IT.
After getting a hang of the free then upgrading I very quickly made an elaborate looking comic out of some of my nieces photos and ended up gifting her the app too. It’s been a great way for us to connect since we can’t hang out together during social distancing. (Can we get an undo button in the next update?)
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your kind words Fun. Glad you're enjoying the app!
Do not recommend for comic creators
I’ve been looking for a good app to use for my comics. I came across this, and decided to try it, but was greatly disappointed. At first it looked great! And if your just wanting to add some stickers and 1 word to a photo this will be a great app for you! My problem is the word limit. With this limit it is impossible to create comics without a lot of extra work, and if you try to go over it you get slapped in the face with a “buy more” and what not. So if your a comic creator looking for a editing app, this will be a waste of your time. I just want to say good job to the team or person who made this, however this really won’t be creating any authentic looking comics...
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Push the Edge LLC
- 47.7 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Push the Edge LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock All Features $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.