Your Music. Your Way.
Introducing CapTune by Sennheiser.
CapTune is a premium music player and a powerful sound optimization tool for your headphones, putting you in control of the music you love. Make precise adjustments with the equalizer or simply choose presets and effects to fit your taste, mood or surroundings. And then, save your Sound Profiles to suit your listening environment and personalize your listening experience anytime, anywhere.
What’s more, CapTune seamlessly integrates TIDAL so you can create your own multi-source playlists.
• Integration of player and equalizer in one app
• SoundCheck to set personal equalizer by A/B listening tests
• Equalizer presets and effects; created by Sennheiser, personalized by user
• Control stored and streamed music and create multi–source playlists
• Integration with TIDAL’s high fidelity music streaming (availability of services depends on region)
• Sound Profiles save your music and settings for different listening situations
• Smart user interface
• Compatible with wired and wireless Bluetooth as well as AirPlay devices
• Color design themes to match headphones and taste
PLAYER & EQUALIZER FACTS:
• Plays MP3, AIFF, AAC, WAV and Apple Lossless (ALAC) audio files (may vary in regards to device capabilities)
• Automatic import of iTunes library and playlists
• Real-time spectrum analyzer
• 7 band equalizer and 14 band free curve equalizer
• Both equalizers also available in landscape mode
PRODUCT SPECIFIC FEATURES OF CAPTUNE:
• Control and individualize the new PXC 550 Wireless travel headset
• Control and individualize the new MB 660 office headset
• Well balanced spatial boost for Sennheiser Momentum series
• Momentum specific color themes
• CapTune requires iOS 9 or later and works with iPhone 4s or newer
• DRM protected iTunes audio files are NOT supported by CapTune
Improved controls for audio playback
Performance optimization and bugfixes
Ratings and Reviews
App looks good and has some function
I am using Cap Tunes because it is supposed to be great. It has issues such as smart pause does not operate with pxc550 as expected. The app stops music and has to be restarted through my player or the headphones. Need to try eliminating Bluetooth as the reason. Seems to work ok at home but when traveling has issues. Support claims it is caused by shirts collar or hats etc. may be blue tooth interference. Maybe another app would be better at least it is free.
Not so bad
As of Feb 17, 2019; I bought a pair of PXC550 on a layover coming home on a business trip that introduced me to this app. At first I was a bit leery about downloading this app based on the number of negative feedback. However I wanted to find out for myself. Not sure which improvements have been done to the app in between the majority of these post and now, but I must say the app works quite well for me. I can select any type of music (Apple or any format) on my phone with ease. Also the running of the equalizer is great. All in all I am quite please with both the headset and the app, and therefore believe that some of the negative complaints no longer apply.
I do greatly appreciate the addition of a parametric equalizer to Tidal. A big win. But this app is tricky to use which can be quite frustrating for newbies.
The app UI requires a LOT of trial and error to learn. When playing an album, I can NEVER find the exit icon to return to the artist list in My Music. This is INCREDIBLY MADDENING, the ultimate in bad UX design.
Strangely, the dynamic EQ waveform shown during playback is close to invisible in all 3 color schemes. The blue is prettiest, but introduces poor contrast, making it too unclear for everyday use.
Worst, the app’s UI makes it very hard to navigate once you’re inside Tidal, except by text search. I suspect that’s partly due to Tidal’s poor UI, but this app makes their bad UI even worse. To scroll down through my saved artists to select someone whose name begins with Z, I have to page through EVERY SINGLE artist in My Music. This is nuts.
One obvious bug: after I added it, my Tidal account name has a spurious %40 added before the @ sign that can’t be removed even if you edit it. This does no harm but it’s confusing.
Is this app worth getting? YES, if you want an EQ for Tidal. And I do, very much. But holy hannah this UI needs improvement.
- Sennheiser electronic
- 25.3 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2017 Sennheiser electronic GmbH & Co. KG
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.