Turn your iPhone or iPod touch into a full featured Car DVR recorder at a fraction of the cost of the standalone device. Whenever you commute to work, go on a road trip or race on a race track, car camera is your ideal companion. Record HD definition videos while driving with embedded data about time, location and speed. Export recorded videos to use as an evidence in case of ticket or accident or just to share with your friends if you caught something interesting on tape.
Car camera is the only app in App Store that is capable of recording high quality HD driving videos with data overlay.
Record videos with resolutions 640х480, 1280х720, 1920х1080 and up to 30 FPS
Embed data overlay into videos: current time, speed, coordinates, heading
Metric and English units
Continuous loop recording. Older videos are overridden by newer ones to preserve space on the device
Store recorded videos within the application
Video Playback within the application or with AirPlay enabled devices
Export Videos to the gallery
YouTube video: http://youtu.be/AXa7Io-D0dY
GPS capability required to record Speed, Heading and Location data
Available Video resolutions depend on your device. 1920х1080 HD at 30 FPS is currently available only on iPhone 4S
Other minor bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
I am very pleased with the app. Here is my wish list:
1) Toggle audio record, i don't want to record my personal conversations, but at some point i may want to narrate or if stoped for traffic violation or accident I would want audio on. You currently would need to stop recording and go into configuration.
2) Toggle camera (front back) same reasons listed above.
3) Be able to select color of driving stats for me the white gets lost.
4) Make it more obvious that it is recording. The change in red it not very noticeable. I rely on the 3 dots on the right as an indicator. Sometimes i think it is recording and it's not. ~ jeff
I used to like this app until it stopped recording. Ran it on a trip recently and when I went to look at the videos there wasn’t anything there. I agree with one of the other reviews that the last update was bogus and killed it. I’ve contacted the developer but so far no response. I’ll give them a little more time and then I’ll delete it and try one of the other apps.
Update: IT WORKS! I should have done this sooner but if you’re having an issue with this app, just delete it and then reinstall it. Worked for me.
Update killed the app
When I first saw the latest update, I was pleased to see that the developer was still supporting the app, as it hasn’t received an update in a while. However, to my dismay, this update has made the app useless. From having the video freeze for a few seconds at a time (the clock is still ticking but the picture is still) to having a completely black screen for the duration of the recording, I can no longer use this app effectively. I will re-review once this is fixed. Either roll back the update, as the last one was working flawlessly, or make a new update that corrects these issues.
Additionally, the following things should be fixed or added:
• Deleting clips should be instantaneous. It used to be, but with the latest update the app freezes for upwards of one minute before deleting the clip
• iPhone X should be supported
• It would be nice to have the option to add custom text, say, in the upper right of the screen next to the time stamp, speed, etc.
And as another user mentioned:
• Add ability to record just video with no audio
• Add ability to switch between front and rear cameras on the phone
- Oxagile LLC
- 21.1 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © AppAnnex, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.