Car Minder is an application for managing all your car maintenance needs, logging repairs and tracking fuel economy. Keep track of multiple cars, services and repairs. Keep track of oil changes, tire rotations, and other maintenance tasks for all your cars. Never have to wonder again when your car needs it's next oil change or the last time you replaced those squeaky windshield wipers. Detect potential problems early by tracking your fuel consumption. Taking care of your car by following recommended maintenance intervals prolongs the life of your car, keeps it running better and increases fuel economy so that you use less gas. Use Car Minder to get the most out of your vehicle.
Car Minder's easy and beautiful interface lets you record services, fillups and repairs in mere seconds and lookup when a service is due just as fast.
Car Minder's new Gas Log lets you easily track your gas consumption By displaying your average mileage, most recent mileage and a graph of all your fillups. In addition, Car Minder displays a nice gauge to help you easily identify how your last fillup compares to your average.
Car Minder keeps a complete record of your car and allows you to email those records to anyone.
Every time you sync with iTunes, Car Minder's database is backed up to your computer and can be restored if you lose or break your phone.
NEW in 3.0
* Gas log to track fuel economy
- Manage Multiple Cars
- Manage Multiple Services for Each Car
- Repair Log for Each Car
- Gas Log for Each Car
- Service Intervals for Mileage and Date
- Lights indicating services that need attention
- Maintain Complete Service History
- Store Notes for Each Car, Service and Service Record
- Miles/Kilometers and Gallon/Liter Options
- Optional Built-In Services to Help You Get Started
- Notification when services are due soon or overdue
- Graph Fuel Economy Over Time
- Email Vehicle Service and Repair History
- Reordering of Cars
- In-App Help
- Configurable Service Warning Ranges
- Multiple Ways to Calculate Fuel Economy
- Option to not have a mileage or monthly service interval. (just leave it as 0)
Also great for motorcycles!
If you have any problems or would like to request a feature, please email me using the contact form at www.jgmapps.com. By contacting me this way, I am better able to determine what caused the problem you may have found or help to understand what you are looking for. Just leaving a review provides no way for the developer to contact you to help fix the problem.
Fixes several crashes on iOS 7.1 and updating the UI for iOS7 and iPhone 5/5s/5c.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Bare bones app to track fuel and repairs for vehicle
I use this app everyday to track the fuel I use in my vehicle and also to keep track of the repairs. I only use this app because I can't find a better one to do these tasks. The app is no frills and really could use some pretty important improvements such as:
1. Need to be able to sort the repairs and fuel by date! It stupidly sorts by date input and no way to change this.
2. Need a way to import PDF backups of receipts and/or invoices from fuel and repairs to your vehicle. This for me is a huge drawback because what good is keeping track of repairs if you don't have your service tickets backed up too?
3. No way to store info in cloud, everything is local.
4. If you miss or forget to log a fuel fill up, the app isn't smart enough to recognize this and the avg miles per gallon get all out of whack. You can't go in and correct this because the app uses current mileage to track. So once you miss one, you're out of luck.
5. Need more default repair/maintenance categories.
But like I said, I use it everyday. But it's lacking and needs to add some features.
I have used this app for years to manage five family cars.
This has shown me when maintenance is required and helped me to avoid needless services.
The user interface is intuitive. It may be considered dated to some but it is easy to use.
Compare with other apps it is much cleaner.
Unfortunately it doesn’t automatically update like several others but it is easy to use.
I have switched once from iPhone 5 to 7 and I don’t remember having to re-enter all my data. Maybe I did, but I don’t recall that.
It high to screwed the pooch. One car the service due turned out I was 1,000,000 one million miles overdue on all services.
I couldn’t figure it out.
Explored several other apps and grew weary of the poor layouts and pain to enter activity.
Thankfully I saw wear I could edit the ending reading. I accidentally entered a huge mileage reading prior. I edited the fill up which caused the issue and I am back up.
I emailed a trucks record to myself and provided that as background service information to the man I sold the truck to. He loved the real-time summation provided by the report.
It is a shame no other updates. But this works and is hassle free.
Until I find something as easy to use, I am sticking with this app.
Best Car Maintenance app
Allows user to keep a log of repairs for multiple vehicles. Keeps a gas log for tracking MPG used. You can also track preventive maintenance items such as oil changes and tire rotations by mileage or date due. This app will alert you when an item is due for maintenance by giving a red light on the item that needs maintenance. Would rate this 5 stars if you could have the option to backup or restore the data to/from a file or cloud service. As it stands, if you get a new phone, you have to type everything all over again. It also asks for you to enter a price paid for gas on the gas log, but this data is never displayed anywhere. Overall great app, but could be perfect if you could backup your data or sync it with another family members iPhone.
The developer, Josh Monroe, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.