Carbo includes new drawing capabilities, iPad Pro / Apple Pencil / 3D Touch support, latest iOS: App Search, iPad multitasking, Siri 'Remind Me', 3D Touch shortcuts.
Carbo lets you capture and organize handwritten notes and sketches, bringing handwriting in the digital age, right on your iPhone and iPad. Carbo's innovative visualization technology sets you free from pixel artefacts, while preserving all expressiveness of your original drawings. Collect notes, design sketches, or whiteboard drawings. With Carbo, you do not draw on screen, but instead use your favorite pen and paper without any constraint.
Tag and annotate your notes for easy retrieval. Store them either on the device itself or in the cloud, with native support for iCloud, Evernote, and Dropbox. Finally, turn your notes and drawings into beautiful creations using a variety of handcrafted export styles and share them with the world.
• Hybrid visualization technology: note picture is cleaned up and turned into a highly accurate monochrome representation. Carbo’s innovative rendering technology offers both the advantages of vector (sharpness) and bitmap (easy editing) techniques.
• Image-based input options: take a new picture, import from camera roll, or import an image from iCloud Drive.
• Drawing support: highly accurate and natural sketching capabilities. Full support for iPad Pro Pencil & 3D Touch pressure sensitivity.
• Note editing: edit any part of your note, i.e. select, resize, relocate, or remove any element. Make strokes thinner or thicker.
• Annotations: add descriptive text to your note. These annotations are archived along with the image, and are globally searchable.
• Tag your notes. Tags are colored for easier detection, and will help you classify notes.
• Notes can be stored either on your device, or in the cloud using Evernote, Dropbox, and iCloud.
• Efficient file-based storage: typical note is 400KB instead of the usual 3MB JPEG of a photo.
• Export styles: choose among 7 beautifully handcrafted styles and their variants to customize your notes (Blackboard/chalks combos, Blueprint, Paper with several pen styles…).
• Up to 1200-dpi black-and-white high-fidelity exports for print.
• Many sharing options: Twitter, Facebook, AirDrop, Mail, Messages, iCloud Drive, Open in (another app)...
• Latest iOS Support: App Search, iPad multitasking, Siri 'Remind Me', 3D Touch shortcuts
** Help & Feedback **
Visit https://creaceed.com/carbo for more information. Send your questions and feedback to email@example.com
Carbo 1.8 is now optimized for iOS 13.
- Dark Mode is supported throughout the app and enables notes that remain easy on the eyes in a dark environment.
- User interface has been fine-tuned with latest iOS 13 enhancements.
Ratings and Reviews
Great for making study notes from textbooks
This is perfect for pulling diagrams and tables out of high yield review texts for classnotes without maintaining the in-book design. I scanned a table and was able to make original looking notes in a concept map format from all the info within a minute.
Realize that this is definitely meant to do that, not much more. The template can only be applied post editing, so you cant write on the paper background you want it in. Only one pen option which you can change the style of in the post editing template area, but not in active editing. The pen absolutely needs to have a smaller line width option - 3 available and to really use this practically, the narrowest setting is where I'd have a highlighter set to.
The app is great for not getting distracted and for what it is. A few minor tweaks would make it excellent, in my opinion.
Wonderful for scanning written notes
Carbo excels at letting me scan and reorganize my written notes. I use it to back up my handwritten notebooks. It’s really a nice little app, and once I can bundle my pages easily into a PDF, it will replace my other scanning app.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the kind words! They're really appreciated. /TC
I don’t understand. This app provides a black pen tool, in three barely different widths, that seem only barely responsive to the Apple Pencil pressure and tilt. The pen has 1 texture. The pen has 1 color. The paper has 1 size. The paper has 1 color. In fact the whole app is monochromatic black and white except for the interface. You can’t bring in PDFs, only images. And only images of handwriting, which is the key feature of the app (in theory). Images you bring in are reduced to monochrome... so if your original notes were rich in color and highlights and drawing, this will ruin them. I am totally at a loss about the use case these guys had in mind when they released this app. Maybe it’s early days and their future vision is phenomenal. In the meantime... what? Why? What?
- Creaceed SPRL
- 35.4 MB
Requires iOS 11.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Creaceed SPRL
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.