Carbonize converts your source code into beautiful sharable images through carbon.now.sh.
Easily access the excellent utility you know from the web right from your desktop.
- Easily drag source code onto the Dock icon.
- Send code to Carbonize through the Services menu.
- Drag generated images into Finder, apps or social media.
- Instant, offline image creation.
- Syntax highlighting.
- Multiple themes.
- Multiple fonts.
- Customizable background colors.
Note that generating images from text is detrimental for people with visual impairment. It also prevents your readers from copy-pasting your snippet into their work. Consider alternatives in the form of regular code blocks with syntax highlighting for websites, adding an image description, or linking to the code in plain text.
Built on top of carbon.now.sh. Carbonize is not affiliated with carbon.now.sh or Dawn Labs.
If you enjoy using Carbonize, consider leaving a tip in the Tip Jar. Find it in the Preferences screen. Thanks!
* Download/purchase receipt verification has been added.
* The copy of the Tip Jar and Release Notes screen has a few minor changes.
* Some under the hood changes.
* I've removed the in-app feedback option. The platform I'm using for that is retiring the service. If you need to reach me, head over to the support page (https://support.dangercove.com).
Ratings and Reviews
Looks very clean, great app - Awesome for building tutorials or creating blog posts. Syntax highlighting supports a lot of languages.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your review!
Do keep in mind that images aren't easily accessible to people with visual impairment. They won't be able to fully read your tutorials or blog posts if you don't offer an alternative (like a link to the code in a Gist). There are even ways to get Carbon-like syntax highlighting to your sites without generating an image. Might be worth a look!
Can't support long code
Beautiful app but when export long code it will fail.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your feedback and review.
I’ve just released version 1.1 which introduces a new way to render the images. Let me know if it exports your longer snippets properly now. :)
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.