Play the original award winning board game Carcassonne with friends, family, or other board game enthusiasts - online or offline. Includes six expansions!
Build a medieval landscape, tile by tile, claim landmarks with your followers and score points. As a winner of the prestigious "Spiel des Jahres" award in 2001, the game allows for a plethora of play styles and strategies. If you like social gaming or board games you will love Carcassonne!
• Cross-platform play with iOS version
• Official Carcassonne game with original artwork
• Internet multiplayer
• Unique Solitaire mode
• Includes all expansions released for iOS:
• "The River" adds a new strategic element to the game play
• "Inns & Cathedrals" adds a double follower and tiles to upvalue cities and roads.
• "Traders & Builders" with trade-goods, pigs and builders.
• "Princess & Dragon" with dragon, princess, fairy and magic portals.
• "Phantom" adds the phantom, a game piece you can place in addition to other followers.
• "Winter" with a new theme, tiles, and the Gingerbread Man.
• Easy mode that does not count fields, ideal for Kids.
• 9 different AI players: Hans, Count, Countess, Maid, Servant, Juggler, Fortune Teller, Witch and Warlock.
• Game Center Achievements
• Comprehensive in-game manual
• Play with Game Center friends
Support for upcoming versions of macOS
Various fixes and improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Couldn’t be happier!
I was a beta tester. So happy to see this become available. The graphics are well done. The game play is excellent. I wish all software was built with the detail and precision like this. Well done.
Terrible port of Carcassonne
Avoid at all costs. Do not pay for this. This is an absolutely terrible port of an excellent iOS game. This app feels like it’s only 65% complete. If you started an iOS game with the Phantom expansion, guess what? You can’t even use the Phantom in the macOS version of this game, so the game is unplayable on macOS! The macOS app is also missing the point book, it’s missing the scoring round at the end, it doesn’t even show you the footsteps of the dragon when you’re moving the dragon (if you’re playing with the Princess & Dragon expansion). Even worse, it always shows the other players as being “active” in the game (i.e. their user icon is always lit up) even if they’re not active at all. There are literally DOZENS of missing features & DOZENS of bugs in this app. It feels like the developers rushed this macOS to market, and then never bothered to update it ever since.
OK Port of a Great Game
I’ve been a huge fan of the iOS version of the game and so I was excited to repay the favor of great updates by purchasing the Mac version. I’m sorry to say it is disappointing. The game suffers from quite a bit of lag. I’ve got the best graphics chip you can get, maxed out memory, and speedy CPU on my MBP, but zooming lags, sound doesn’t sync with what’s going on the screen, etc. I really hope that they put the same level of polish into this version of the game as they do on the mobile platform.
UPDATE: No meaningful improvements to my original review have been made. There are still a number of game-play bugs: Meeple are not removed during scoring at the end of the game, the dragon doesn’t show where he has been and all possible moves, etc. Sad face.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.