Card Control by Elements – Full control over your debit card usage in a way you’ve never had before
• Manage how, when and where your cards are used—on your own terms. Card Control by Elements enables you to set controls regarding the transaction types, geographic rules, and the merchant types where your card can be used.
• Turn any card on, or off—in seconds. It’s as simple as a toggle. Perfect for safety, security and those scary moments when you’re not quite sure where your card might be.
• Ensure you are the only person using your cards. GPS capabilities can either limit where your card is used—or assure it’s only able to be used when with you.
• Turn your cards into active budget participants. Set dollar limits for transactions, and receive alerts when those limits are being reached. No more worrying about going over budget!
• Receive alerts when suspicious activity is suspected.
• Stop fraudulent activity before it even happens with the alert feature of Card Control by Elements. Based on your preferences, Card Control by Elements can send you a real-time alert when your card is used outside of your chosen preferences, giving you the power to deny the transaction or turn your card off.
• Alert preferences can be set by:
- Location – based on where the transaction occurs
- Transaction type – based on type of transaction at point of sale
- Merchant type – based on the type of merchant where the transaction occurred
- Threshold – based on the threshold amount set by the user
Ratings and Reviews
Card Control by Elements mostly good
To access the Card Control By Elements, the user needs to fist open the Elements Financial app and then select Card Control from the menu of the Elements app. This is not necessarily intuitive, but it seems this is done to utilize the authentication capabilities built into the Elements app. The app allows configuration of which alerts to receive. Choices are ALL, Preferred, and None. Within Preferred, one can select Locations, Merchant Types, Transaction Types and Spend Limits. I have only used ALL, so I have no review details of selecting certain types. However, I have found that I do NOT always get an alert. The other day, I purchased gasoline with my card and was surprised that I did not get an alert. When I went into the app to review transactions, it showed that an alert was generated, but I never received it. Perhaps this is an iOS problem? One problem I have identified as definitely with the Card Control app itself is that the notifications for debit and credits to my account appear exactly the same. There is no differentiation between a charge of $2.31 or a credit of $2.31. You can use the Control Control app to view a list of past events, and even in that list, the events appear exactly the same whether they are charges or credits.
Terrible at remembering
I set this app up every time I select it. It will not keep track of the PIN number I put in and continually have to enter the Elements app to set up again and again.
Please fix this!
- Elements Financial Federal Credit Union
- 43.3 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016 Elements Financial Federal Credit Union
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.