Card Control by Elements – Full control over your debit card usage in a way you’ve never had before
• Manage how, when and where your cards are used—on your own terms. Card Control by Elements enables you to set controls regarding the transaction types, geographic rules, and the merchant types where your card can be used.
• Turn any card on, or off—in seconds. It’s as simple as a toggle. Perfect for safety, security and those scary moments when you’re not quite sure where your card might be.
• Ensure you are the only person using your cards. GPS capabilities can either limit where your card is used—or assure it’s only able to be used when with you.
• Turn your cards into active budget participants. Set dollar limits for transactions, and receive alerts when those limits are being reached. No more worrying about going over budget!
• Receive alerts when suspicious activity is suspected.
• Stop fraudulent activity before it even happens with the alert feature of Card Control by Elements. Based on your preferences, Card Control by Elements can send you a real-time alert when your card is used outside of your chosen preferences, giving you the power to deny the transaction or turn your card off.
• Alert preferences can be set by:
- Location – based on where the transaction occurs
- Transaction type – based on type of transaction at point of sale
- Merchant type – based on the type of merchant where the transaction occurred
- Threshold – based on the threshold amount set by the user
Now enjoy the benefits of Complete control over not only your Elements Debit Card, but now also your Elements Credit Card. Including our new One Time Over-Ride feature.
App Improvements in landing screen
Ratings and Reviews
Great, when it’s working.
App has been down for several days and no ETA of when it’ll be up.
Card Control by Elements mostly good
To access the Card Control By Elements, the user needs to fist open the Elements Financial app and then select Card Control from the menu of the Elements app. This is not necessarily intuitive, but it seems this is done to utilize the authentication capabilities built into the Elements app. The app allows configuration of which alerts to receive. Choices are ALL, Preferred, and None. Within Preferred, one can select Locations, Merchant Types, Transaction Types and Spend Limits. I have only used ALL, so I have no review details of selecting certain types. However, I have found that I do NOT always get an alert. The other day, I purchased gasoline with my card and was surprised that I did not get an alert. When I went into the app to review transactions, it showed that an alert was generated, but I never received it. Perhaps this is an iOS problem? One problem I have identified as definitely with the Card Control app itself is that the notifications for debit and credits to my account appear exactly the same. There is no differentiation between a charge of $2.31 or a credit of $2.31. You can use the Control Control app to view a list of past events, and even in that list, the events appear exactly the same whether they are charges or credits.
“Version No Longer Supported”
For the last 3 days, I have been unable to access the Elements Card Control app on my iPhone. When I try to access it, I get a message that “This version is no longer supported. Go to the Apple App Store.” But when I do, that’s still the only version available. I even tried deleting the app completely and reinstalling it, but the problem persisted.
The main issue is that I had my card status set to OFF before this happened. So now I am not able to turn the status back to ON, which has rendered my Elements debit card useless for three days, as evidenced when I got multiple “card declined” messages, even when trying to use it with Apple Wallet.
Elements, you cannot provide a commercially available app and bill it as “providing greater security and control” over your debit card if it does not operate reliably. Please fix this issue immediately.
Developer Response ,
A newer version has been released which resolved the disruption. We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced while the app was being updated.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Elements Financial Federal Credit Union
- 124.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Copyright @ 2020 Elements Financial Federal Credit Union All Rights Reserved.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.