Experience the thrill of interventional cardiology beyond the cath lab with Cardio Ex. Play dozens of real medical cases that enhance your speed and skills, featuring rare conditions and deadly complications that will get your own heart racing. Cardio Ex challenges cardiologists to effectively manage their time, tools, and techniques to save virtual patient lives—all while immersed in interactive, lifelike anatomy. Earning free AMA Category 1 CME credits has never been more rewarding.
Cardio Ex is available for free to physicians, residents, medical students, and healthcare professionals worldwide: interventional cardiologists, general cardiologists, electrophysiologists, vascular surgeons, interventional radiologists, and other medical specialists.
Cardio Ex In-Game Features:
* Case study presentations include myocardial infarction, coronary artery perforations, thrombosis, artery calcification, and multivessel coronary artery disease
* Stunning visualizations of fluoroscopy and interventional tools
* Guidewires can be manipulated similar to real-world environments: advance, retract, torque, and interact with tools inside of the vasculature
* Maneuver camera positions, inject contrast dye, and wield a variety of customizable medical devices like stents, balloons, and atherectomy drills
* Striking recreations of the full vasculature of the human heart including realistic heart rhythms from normal sinus to tachycardia and arrhythmias
* Action-oriented objectives based on challenging case scenarios
* Video game CME (continuing medical education) for doctors
* Virtual patient details, such as HPI and vitals, to inform clinical decision-making
* Original musical score composed based on player interactions
* Receive real-time feedback on patients’ vitals and after-case feedback based on your speed
* COMING SOON: discover new medical devices and drug therapy options right in the app
Level Ex professional video games are played by over 350,000 healthcare professionals and endorsed by top academic institutions and medical societies for physician education and training.
Share your feedback with us about our first set of cases at firstname.lastname@example.org. More cases coming soon!
"Enjoy smoother gameplay: we've made behind-the-scenes updates and improvements to help keep cardiologists at the top of their game. Look for new cases and updates coming soon!
Share feedback at email@example.com, and don't forget to rate and review us in the App Store."
Ratings and Reviews
Great for medical students looking to play a game while learning
Not a cardiologist, I can however say it's a really fun game for medical students that helps you learn some knowledge about basic techniques and principles that may come in handy if you're getting pimped while rotating in interventional cardiology in your third or fourth year
This app is WONDERFUL. Truthfully, I’m just a curious high school student considering a career in medical work, so I may not be the intended audience, but holy cow. The design of the app is modern and sleek. The music is riveting. This is a promising start to this app.
This being said, there are some things that need to be cleaned up in the app.
For example, I don’t think that the directions are clear enough in some of the stages. (Example: In the level where you learn to treat calcification, I killed a couple of patients before I realized what I really needed to do.) This can be especially confusing for those with very limited background knowledge of cardiology and the treatment of different ailments. A way to fix this issue could be an optional “guide” that takes you step by step through each process. (I mean literally step by step. Go for ultimate hand-holding.)
Another thing that could use work is general playability. I have had reoccurring issues with framerate, and have had the game crash mid-session before. The game also sometimes seems to have difficulty registering whether you are trying to rotate the camera or move components within the heart.
Otherwise, I am very pleased with this app. Keep up the good work! ✨
Amazing Game! Best recommend for Cardiologists and Cardio surgeons,Medical students.
Amazing Game ever! I would rank this the Number one game for cardiologists and Cardio Surgeons,Medical students. And you get to learn so much Latin vocabulary that are related with the cardio. This game gives you mind criticism to figure out how to make the patient stabilized. Awesome game!
- Level Ex, Inc.
- 382.7 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch), iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPod touch (6th generation), and iPod touch (7th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © Level Ex, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.