Your heart beats over 102,000 times per day—Cardiogram tells you what that data means. We help you understand health, sleep, stress, and fitness.
The iPhone app is compatible with Apple Watch, Fitbit, Garmin, and Wear OS by Google devices with a heart rate sensor. The Cardiogram app for Apple Watch shows you a graph of your heart rate in real time, on your wrist.
Open the phone app to get more details and historical trends:
• The Timeline tab shows your heart rate each day, with a detailed view for workouts for minutes in each heart rate zone, and a special interface to track spikes related to stress, diet, or exercise.
• The Daily Leaderboard in the Timeline tab lets you compete steps and activity levels with your friends. You can even invite friends who don't own an Apple Watch—this feature is also compatible with the built-in iPhone step tracker.
• Metrics shows you how your resting heart rate, sleep, and move, exercise, and stand activity rings are trending over time.
• Habits lets you find a new healthy habit or activity you'll love, invite a friend to share metrics, and optimize your overall health and fitness.
• You can also build a profile to share health data with medical researchers and contribute to studies on abnormal heart rhythms like atrial fibrillation, heart failure, and more. Note: Cardiogram is not a medical device and is currently for research purposes only.
For Apple Watch users, Cardiogram displays data from the Health app, including heart rate, steps, Apple Watch activity rings, and sleep, in chart or graph format, and lets you compare with other users and compete with your friends. For Fitbit, Garmin, and wearOS by Google devices, Cardiogram receives data directly from the respective manufacturer.
Cardiogram is compatible with many devices with a heart rate sensor, including Apple Watch (series 1-4), Fitbit (Charge, Versa, Ionic, Alta HR, Inspire HR, and more) Garmin (fēnix, Forerunner, and vívo series, and more), and wear OS by Google (Fossil, Ticwatch, Moto, LG, Misfit, Huawei, and more).
Best of all, these core features are free!
Finally, if you’re looking for advanced sharing, you can subscribe to Cardiogram Premium, which gives you access to:
• Share with Family: allow up to 2 family members to remotely monitor your Cardiogram data and receive insights about your health. This is helpful for keeping an extra eye on your loved one.
• Share with Doctor: export your Cardiogram data into a PDF that you can print out and show your doctor.
• Premium Support: if you have any questions or issues with the Cardiogram app, your support requests will be prioritized and we'll respond to you within 24 hrs.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription.
• 1-month subscription: $14.99 / mth.
• 6-month subscription: $69.99 ($11.67 / mth).
• 12-month subscription: $99.99 ($8.33 / mth).
Terms of Service: https://cardiogr.am/terms
Fixed some issues with the new version of Watch OS!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Back in Business!
My previous review was “Very Disappointed” because of issues noted below. I’m happy to report that the data issues I had with the app have been resolved and the app is again monitoring my heart rate. I depend on the Cardiogram app as it gives me data that is critical in managing my Afib. I even showed results to my Cardiologist and medication was altered accordingly. Thank you!
Further to my earlier Review (see below), now the message indicates they’ve been adding capacity all weekend and their systems are processing my data. All weekend? And, still no updates! I worked in technology and if our end users experienced these issues, for this length of time, heads would have rolled! Previous Review: I’m still waiting for updates. Using the latest version and everything was fine until this week. Data doesn’t update. Message says to reload, which I did several times, deleted the app and downloaded again. Worked a few hours, then stopped collecting data again. As refreshing and reloading didn’t work, I emailed the address indicated. Email was returned as undeliverable. Prior to these issues and frustration, I would have given Cardiogram five stars because it had worked so well and gave me data that I took to my Cardiologist.
Premium has a serious glitch(s)
The big advantage of the premium cardiogram app subscription is the ability of the app to alert you to elevated heart rate and low heart rates that could be indicative of a heart problem. You adjust the settings for high and low bpm. The default high heart rate setting is 129 beats per minute. The problem I have encountered numerous times since I started my subscription is that I get high heart rate notifications from cardiogram while I am working out in cardio sessions. These alerts come even though I have opened and am using my exercise app on Apple Watch 4 which syncs to cardiogram. Cardiogram app recognizes that I am in a workout as when I finish my workout by selecting end workout I get a nice workout display on the cardiogram app. I shouldn’t be receiving high heart rate alerts during a workout as I am trying to reach my target heart rate which is almost 150 bpm. Cardiogram premium should have different high heart rate alert settings: one for during workouts which for me might be 160 bpm and another for when I am not exercising which would be a lot lower. I agree I can change the settings before and after each exercise period but who will remember to do this and for the price of this app this should have been thought through.
Also at first I believed the premium app said they would respond to comments submitted thru the app in 24 hours. Now it says 4 business days. I sent an inquiry almost a week ago and have not had a response.
Developer Response ,
This is very helpful feedback, we're really sorry for not responding to your email. I've notified the team and we're working on a fix. We'd love to get more detail on the issue though—could you email me at email@example.com?
Isuues and no help
So I had issues. Like I asked for them NOT to use my main EMAIL as I really don’t like the idea of what if they get hacked into like yahoo and others? I’d rather they used my throwaway Facebook account for me to use as a sign in and them to know my FB password as I really don’t care so much about it as I do my email account. I’ve emailed about it more than once and no one bothered to email back.
I had issues with my graphs not populating.... except for the Steps. But I have a Fitbit so that’s redundant. The main thing I wanted it for was to watch my heart and so far, it’s done a spectacularly crappy job at that. It doesn’t tell me a rhythm, only a high, doesn’t tell me a low. I’m trying to see what value it has OVER the HealthKit heart rate
I finally uninstalled it. Thanks for nothing guys. You were singularly unhelpful.
Update: Cardiogram support eventually got back to me and they reset my account. For those who have yet to open a Cardiogram account here is my advice. Make a throwaway email account to attach it to. Because they were nosy post on other formats. What business is it of theirs who my “friends” are? Oh and they’ll “ask permission before they post on your account”. Uh, I don’t want to take the time to say no. So upgrading from a 1 although I’m not sure how much more helpful it is than HealthKit truly. I have yet to see a aha moment
- Cardiogram Inc.
- 77.4 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 9.3 and watchOS 2.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2019 Cardiogram Inc
- In-App Purchases
- Cardiogram Premium (1 month) $14.99
- Cardiogram Premium (6 month) $69.99
- Cardiogram Premium (12 month) $99.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.