Carefull: The security system for your parents' money. (As seen on CNBC)
Carefull looks out for your loved one’s finances 24/7. Our application reviews each and every transaction to ensure accounts are protected and that the right people are being paid. Carefull can shine a light on potential fraud, or help you to detect mistakes or misunderstandings common to seniors. It’s your simplified caregiving tool, with all of your loved ones’ accounts and activity in one place.
HOW IT WORKS
- Securely connect your loved one’s financial accounts to enable smart monitoring and start receiving alerts and information.
- Add siblings or any others with whom you collaborate into your Circle.
- Careful analyzes each transaction and money movement, and alerts you to things that look fishy or like potential fraud. That could mean: stores with large amounts of spending, unusual cash payments or transfers, or transactions involving new people or places that look different or suspicious.
- Carefull’s smart technology learns your loved one’s unique spending and account balance patterns over time, so we can tell you what you need to know.
- Use Carefull to easily send and share alerts to those who need to be in the know.
- Based on how it’s going, you’ll receive smart suggestions about what to do next, how to communicate and resolve issues, and how to plan the path forward.
- See your loved one’s bill schedule all in one place — what has recently been paid and what’s coming up. If it looks like anything is running late or has accidentally been paid twice, we’ll let you know.
Security is top of mind, especially for caregivers. Carefull connects to financial accounts using bank-level security. Our systems are never able to see or store your credentials (usernames and passwords), and we maintain read-only access to analyze transactions and send alerts. We protect your data as if it were our own and use it only to provide our services. We will never sell it. Here’s how we protect financial information:
- Encryption: Carefull uses bank-level 256-bit encryption to store and transmit your data over the internet.
- Multi Factor Authentication: We verify your account with a unique code sent only to your mobile device.
- Biometrics: You can optionally enable the biometric security on your device so that each session with the Carefull app can be secured with your face or fingerprints.
- We use Plaid, a Visa owned company, to access the data from the financial institutions you link. This means we never have access to your bank credentials (username and password), and we cannot store them.
Read more about our security policy here: https://www.getcarefull.com/security
Carefull is available free of charge for a limited time. Starting in 2021, Carefull will be $12.99 per month after your 2 week free trial.
Learn more at https://www.getcarefull.com
Terms of Service: https://www.getcarefull.com/terms-of-service
New financial account management screens and various and sundry bug fixes!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
first of its kind
I came across this app after seeing a facebook ad for it and it caught my eye because i took over my mom’s finances last year. Logging into all her different bank accounts to keep track of balances and bills and everything became a regular part of my week and just lingered in my head as a thing I always had to stay on top of.
I signed up for carefull and i must say it’s made an impact. i haven’t really had a need for their alerts yet (thankfully) but just seeing everything in one place and knowing that it something WERE to go wrong i’d be notified let’s me worry a little less.
Seems like it’s a relatively new company and i’m sure there’s a lot more to come but so far I like what ive seen and i haven’t come across any other apps like this. So, giving it 5 stars. Keep it up!
Nice app, would love more savings tips!
Having one place to see everything through the carefull app is great. The bill schedule thing is also pretty nifty - my parents had some subscriptions they forgot they had signed up for, and careful flagged them right off the bat and we were able to cancel them. The Learn section of the app has a lot of promise too. Some good tips in there although it would benefit from more money savings tips than what they've got in there now. That kind of stuff could be really useful.
Really useful alerts for catching mistakes
Been helping my mom with her finances for a few years. Downloaded this app 2 weeks ago and connected my mom’s bank accounts. Just got an alert about a utility bill that was running a few days late, called my mom about it and it turned out there had been an error with auto payment that she didnt know about. Really useful, not sure what would have happened with that had we missed it.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Contact Info
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.