Listed among Fast Company’s “World Changing Ideas” for 2019, Caribu makes family video-calling unforgettable by letting you paint and read bedtime stories in real-time with the kids.
Find out why families in 160+ countries connect on Caribu for immersive and activity-rich video-calls.
“This company is rethinking the video-call for the benefit of children” - INC. Magazine.
“A cross-generational connection for grandparents to interact with their grandchildren” - Forbes Magazine.
HUNDREDS OF BOOKS TO TURN VIDEO-CALLS INTO UNFORGETTABLE STORY TIME
Hear giggles and share smiles when reading together bestsellers like Barbie and Thomas & Friends. We’re always adding new publishers such as Highlights, Sesame Street, and Usborne so that there’s always something exciting to read together.
TURN VIDEO-CALLS INTO FAMILY ACTIVITY TIME
You can video-call in for art sessions to color their favorite animals together, uncover surprise eggs, and paint family masterpieces without the mess and cleanup. Enjoy Caribu’s constantly updated interactive coloring section where you and the kids can color unicorns, dinosaurs, puppies to draw on blank canvases to calm the kids and make memorable art together over video-calls.
PLAY MEMORY GAMES TOGETHER WITH THE KIDS
Check out the coloring section for coloring sheets, interactive word puzzles, word searches, and tic-tac-toe that strengthen memory and attention for kids and seniors.
• Read and draw with your kids and grandkids in a video-call
• Hundreds of great titles and many more added weekly
• Fun and safe for you and the grandkids
• Paint together without the mess
• Play games such as tic-tac-toe and word search puzzles in a video-call
• Personalized book recommendations at the end of every book
• Aunts and uncles can join the fun
• Browse through award-winning children’s books with a powerful search tool
• Video-calling that kids don’t run away from
• Includes grandparent favorites like Sesame Street and Highlights
• Bestsellers like Barbie and Thomas & Friends
• A wide variety of coloring sheets including everything from wild animals to learn the alphabet
• Online and offline reading (use Caribu in the car or on a plane)
• Categories make it easy to find books by Age Group, Learning, Classics, Animals… and many more!
PRESS AND EXPERT REVIEWS
Proudly certified by Moms With Apps
Rated 4 out of 5 stars by Common Sense Media based on child development best practices and overall quality and learning potential
Caribu has been featured in an Apple Keynote and TV iPad Ad, Forbes, Wired and more. Here’s what the press and parents are saying:
· “I bought an iPad Mini for my granddaughter just so I can Caribu with her!” - A generous grandfather
· “I work in Guatemala and just read my first book on your program to my daughter back in Vancouver last night.” - Steve
“I love the app as I’m now able to read a bedtime book to my grandson and I’m sharing the world!!!!” - Karen
If you have any feedback, we’d love to hear from you: firstname.lastname@example.org
Caribu - Never Miss a Moment
• Includes a free trial for both the monthly and yearly plans.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• User will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Bug fixes and performance improvements:
* Books bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Loving it as a traveling parent!!!
Our daughter is now a bit over 3 years old and pretty much used to me (her dad) reading at least one bed time story every night. In recent weeks I had to start traveling a lot for my job and our little
one started to be pretty mad at me for not being able to do the usual bed time routine. In the beginning I tried reading to her via FaceTime call, but that ended up being pretty clunky and I began searching for other apps that might offer a more shared and interactive experience. Voila, here comes Caribu!!! It is amazing how I am now able to do a video call while sharing the same screen and reading from one of the many digital books to her. Some of the books even offer a joint drawing function which my daughter loves (as long as I draw :D). Caribu has really become part of our bed time routine when I am traveling or sometime even when staying late in the office, so I would strictly recommend it to any parent that likes to increase communication quality and the depth of the personal connection with their kiddos. They will thank you for it! Noting beats being there in person, but this is a big step close than just an video or phone call. Big thumbs up for Caribu!!!
Tested this with my granddaughter this evening. I like it, however I can’t see what she sees when we are in selection mode. Once she picks a story we can both see it and I can read it to her then we are both sharing the screen. It’s great and she enjoyed it. Her first reaction was can we do this again on Friday tomorrow? She also asked where are you Grandma? I love this app! Great idea, if live to invest but I don’t have the $500 to do so. But it’s definitely worth it!
Scam lurking people to sign up for lifetime
What a Scam! Do not buy this app. It is a piece of crap! You lurk people with 14 days free trial, then give them 3 options and nowhere is mentioned that lifetime subscription does not have a trial period! Omg! What a scam! You just charge money and do not stand behind the quality of this product!!! If you did, you would offer money back guarantee for 14 days like you promised! There was nowhere written that there is no trial period with life time subscription purchase! I downloaded this app, paid 99$ as I thought I had 14 days to cancel it if I don’t like it and not I’m stuck with this piece of vrap and big bill! Omg!
- Caribu Inc.
- 149.1 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Burmese, Cambodian, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Laotian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Caribu Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Caribu All Access Books $6.99
- Caribu All Access Books: Year $59.99
- Caribu All Access Books: Month $6.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.