CARRIER BATTLES 4 GUADALCANAL is a classic hex-and-counter wargame covering the naval-air battles in the South Pacific in 1942-43
Find the Japanese and strike at them before they sink your precious carriers and prevent them from invading key points in New Guinea and in the Solomon Islands
- Solitaire play again powerful Japanese AI
- 6 historical scenarios : Coral Sea May 42, Midway June 42, Eastern Solomon Aug 42, Santa Cruz Oct 42, Guadalcanal Dec 42, Bismarck sea March 43
- Hex map with a scale of 30 miles per hex
- 40 types of warplanes, historical ships
- Naval-air search, radar, progressive intelligence gathering on enemy naval forces
- Air strikes against naval and land targets, surface battles
- Advanced damage system
- Invasion, naval bombardment
- Turn-based system
- A nice on-boarding sequence will guide the player to the depth of the game
- Available in English , French & Chinese
- No internet connection required to play against the AI
- 2-players game over internet, turn by turn
- A 7th scenario covering the landing at Bougainville and airstrikes against Rabaul in November 1943
- A 8th scenario covering the evacuation of Guadalcanal by Japanese troops in Jan/Feb 1943
- A 9th scenario covering the US invasion of Guadalcanal in August 1942
- A 10th scenario covering the US carrier raids against Japanese positions in Feb/Mar 1942
- A 11th scenario covering the Japanese invasion of Wake in Dec 1941
- Play Japan agains US AI
- What-ifs for the scenarios in order to test the effects of some likely events
The duration of a game is about 1-3 hours
Contact and support : firstname.lastname@example.org
Forum : http://cbfg.xooit.org/index.php
Review by Pocket Tactics
" Overall Carrier Battles 4 Guadalcanal is a solid WW2 naval wargame built around a great interface. It’s a realistic simulation that is accessible and fun, retaining depth while not letting the player get bogged down in menus or decisions. Fundamentally Carrier Battles succeeds because it takes the juicy technical attributes of naval games and mates it with a cracking user interface "
- CAP Combat
- Ready on deck air units : “Fuel” is replaced by “Bombs” for air unit with one bomb payload (ex: D3A)
- Distant CAP should immediately follow the move of its protected TF
- TF won’t get a point of disorder when sailing into storm anymore
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
What is amazing about this game
This game is constantly evolving new features and new scenarios are being released on a regular basis. Bugs when the occur are fixed almost as soon as they are reported. This is a superb WWII Naval battle game. The evolving nature means that the game continues to require a evolving approach to how to win. I feel that this game and its upgrades I have purchased are the best money I have spent on a game for my iPad. I now play on a iPad Pro 12.5. The greater screen size has improved my enjoyment of this outstanding game. I have placed 5 stars only because that is them most ap stope allows personally my rating would be 10 stars. Today was another great example of what great support this game has, last fix broke a screen, instead of waiting weeks for a fix as most apps take for a fix in less then 24 hours a update was out fixing the bug. A great app made better with great support. 5 stars for game and 5bstars for support.
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for you nice comments, this is very encouraging !
Do not hesitate to propose new ideas via the app or the forum
Kickstarter project to improve the app launched !
Reviews criticizing IAP
Excellent game, well worth the money, and I will buy any in app purchase as they are released. I love games that continue to grow and add fresh experiences through new scenarios! Developer is engaged with user base and any defects are quickly resolved.
I take exception to players that criticize the in-app-purchases. These are scenarios for players who want them. You don’t have to buy them if you don’t want to and it does not affect game play for what you did buy. I think it is ridiculous for players to do a 1 star review and then comment “the game is great but I think I should get all this add-in content for free.” Really? In most cases these additional scenarios were not available when the original app was released. I commend the developer for continuing to add fresh content and I have no problem continuing to support his development by paying a little extra for new IAP’s.
Great adaptation of hex based war game
I’ve always thought that hex based war games would translate very well to computers and iPads as it can automate much of the tedious calculating. There are relatively few, well done games like this on iOS. Carrier Battles 4 Guadalcanal is definitely one of them. It does a great job of capturing the depth and detail of hex based war games while making the rules easier to follow and the calculations easier to make. In addition, it seems to be well programmed.
It does not have a great deal of sound and flash but this allows the processor to work quickly. Not a great deal of waiting time here. If you are looking for a twitch game, this may not be the one for you. If you enjoy the depth and complexity of hex based war games, this is a great version that will not disappoint.
- cyril jarnot
- 87.6 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2016 - Cyril Jarnot
- In-App Purchases
- Japan & Alternatives $1.99
- The End of Rabaul $0.99
- Operation Ke $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.